EyeTV Tuner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-24-2013, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an HDHomerun with two tuners but would like a third tuner. Any suggestions on a tuner stick for cable TV that works with EyeTV3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 02:12 PM

The obvious answer would be the EyeTV Hybrid, but if you're looking for a cheaper solution any USB tuner based on the Hauppage 900 series should work.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
The obvious answer would be the EyeTV Hybrid

Do you own both an HD Homerun and a Hybrid and can verify they work well together? I suspect that's what Phillie is hoping to find out...I know this has been discussed in the past, I vaguely recall someone got an EyeTV 500 and an HD Homerun to coexist peacefully on the same network, I think that was because both devices were recording the exact same channel menu. Best bet may be to search through old threads...

EyeTV software has always been crude when it comes to dealing with multiple tuner devices, assigning tuners to particular channels, etc.
post #4 of 9 Old 09-26-2013, 12:23 AM

Not exactly a match but I have a HD Homerun and and an EyeTv Diversity USB stick working successfully together which gives me 4 tuners in total.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-26-2013, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Looking around the Hauppage sticks I can find are only about $10 cheaper than another HDHomerun. The EyeTV Hybrid seems to be non-existant new. The only thing I have found that is significantly cheaper is the Kworld sticks. I don't know if they are knock offs of the Hauppage sticks or not. The HD Homerun Prime looks like just what I need if I didn't already have my original tuner.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 AM

Well look at that, it does appear El Gato have stopped making the Hybrid. Interesting. Looks like they're going fairly cheap on ebay.

I can confirm that you can use both a Hybrid and an HDHomeRun on the same setup. As long as they all have the same source it works without issue.The bonus of the Hybrid is that it has an IR receiver, which enables you more remote control options.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 PM

post #8 of 9 Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

I purchased another HDHomrun. Those new units are small. Another plus is the single coax input no need for another spliter. Well I had a free coax connection next to my computer so I have the original HDHomerun down by my router and connected to the network that way. The new HDHomrun is connected to the second ethernet port on my MacPro. EyeTV sees them both and uses them both just fine. it correctly recorded 4 shows at once the other night. It was a simple p[lug and play affair.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM

i also have the eyetv hybrid & hdhr dual, which used to work just fine. then i got an hdhr prime, the 3 tuner cablecard, but as eyetv would only see 2 tuners, i installed mythtv on my linux server, which works, but the interface sux;-) so i moved the hdhrdual back to eyetv, but now it only can use 1 of the 2 tuners:-(see http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15481&p=92564#p92564) wtf???
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page