Mavericks and Mac HTPC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Please post your experiences and problem/bug reports here.

Top question -- does EyeTV work? So far I have just tried editing in it on the Mini I upgraded, and that worked fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My main concern would be ruining my wine/comskip installation and having to re-do all of that. I'm holding off until I see what happens.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 AM

For what it's worth, ElGatos website has a poorly formatted page giving an update on the working status of a number of ElGato products. Looks like they're all still in various "testing, looks to be working" stages.

http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=4769
post #4 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Davis View Post

For what it's worth, ElGatos website has a poorly formatted page giving an update on the working status of a number of ElGato products. Looks like they're all still in various "testing, looks to be working" stages.

http://support.elgato.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=4769

Yes, testing so carefully that they copied and pasted Elgato Game Capture HD in every paragraph… I really didn't realize how far they've fallen -- they only have one iPad tuner and one analog(!!) Mac "tuner" really A to D converter on sale.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 AM

Yeah, I was burned by an early upgrade to Lion a couple of years ago that took out my Turbo 264 HD stick for several months while they updated software.

They did finally release a patch, so there's that...

I've read some things on the wine support forums that talk about running into some bugs, but nothing seems to point to comskip.

I'm just hoping a complete reinstall of macports, wine and etvcomskip isn't required - that was NOT a pleasant process.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I turned off the menu bar on the secondary display using the preferences for Mission Control and turned off the option that says each display is its own workspace. Once you logout and login, the menu bar on the second display is gone.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Well, I took the plunge with my setup.

Overall a positive experience. EyeTV and Turbo 264HD stick both still working fine.

ETVComskip also working. Only tweak I had to make was a reset of permissions to open up the comskip folder after the upgrade.

Scripts, iFlicks and iTunes still working as before.

I have noticed that the new calendar is really, really picky about entering triggered scripts. I use calendar to start a number of scripts in the middle of the night, and had to wipe them all and rebuild after the upgrade. Not a huge issue, but it happened.

Overall, aside from a problem with back to my mac not working after the upgrade (thanks logmein) i'm happy with it so far.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-21-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Davis View Post

Overall, aside from a problem with back to my mac not working after the upgrade (thanks logmein) i'm happy with it so far.
Yeah, screen sharing cut out on me, but some combination of turning it off/on in Settings and a reboot fixed it.

I upgraded to Mavericks, no (new) EyeTV problems, the old bugs are still there. Will take the plunge with the latest EyeTV version today, we'll see what happens.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-25-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Hey All, I'm trying to find a suitable thread to ask mac specific questions on. I am someone like many others who has multiple products but it seems like the forum frowns on mixing products into one thread even if someone owns both

Anyway I recently purchased a late 2013" macbook pro with retina display I have tested out the HDMI capabilities and find it to work well. In addition to this, I have also purchased a pioneer blu-ray burner and have also purchased blu-ray playing software for the mac, which seems to work well

My list of media and theater based products include:

42" Panasonic Plasma TV model TC-P42u1 (living room)
Sony 32" Bravia KDL-32EX400 (bedroom)
Sony BDP-3100 Living rom
Roku 3 Living room

Sony BDP-S590 Bedroom
and an iPhone 5.

Now that I have laid this on the table I wanted to find out what options i have with the new macbook pro which might be able to combine the features of all the other set top boxes into one. I have a background in production however when it comes to home theater, i'm fairly new in the last few years. I have to say that even with both TVs being 1080p native displays and physically larger displays, the retina display actually looks far better then both in many ways.

Anyway, I hope i am asking in the right area, these forums can be confusing at times.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-26-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I hope i am asking in the right area, these forums can be confusing at times.

welcome, and yes this is the right forum re: home theater and whole house A/V type tasks with a Mac, but since your question is fairly broad and open-ended, you might want to PM a moderator and ask them to move your post to its own thread…
post #11 of 11 Old 04-16-2014, 09:45 AM

Liked: 10
Hi there
I updated my Mac Mini 2011 to Mavericks. I did so because EyeTV 3.6.5 was misbehaving in Lion. It is still misbehaving in Mavericks. I am finding a lot of calls within my syslog for /usr/bin/pmset. This is most likely due to EyeTV. I can't really use their software for more than a few days without missing recordings. Anyone experiencing similar issues out there?
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page