Why Apple TV Matters - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yeah it is a great little app and you are also right it is no where near real time. On my MBP encoding 720p football game(no crop no resize) from ABC from TS it took ~3.3:1. This is far from real time, but with a Mac Pro it could do it in realtime, I'm not sure how much longer it would take to go from 1080i to 720p for the Atv would be.

As a side note if you are really cheap and you don't want to pay for VisualHub you can just download the trial, let it encode the 2 minute sample, then get the ffmpeg command out of the log and encode the whole file. You could also use the command to automate the conversion with a script.

I also tried a 1080i clip from last years SOTU address. Resizing to 720 takes about as long as 720 source material even with the de-interlace, not resizing takes about twice as long. I am not haveing a A-V sync isues, but I am only converting a few minutes of video. I may try a longer show latter.

I wonder if these clips will even play on the Atv? I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
Engadget HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

I wonder if these clips will even play on the Atv? I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks to find out.

Hopefully, sooner than that. Tomorrow, maybe?

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #153 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post

Hopefully, sooner than that. Tomorrow, maybe?

I doubt it, I ordered mine as soon as the Apple Store came up after the keynote and it is scheduled to be shipped on Feb 28th delivered March 5th.

Ben
How good could it be if it isn't HD?
Engadget HD
post #154 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The new Airport Extremes are already in the Apple Stores and can be bought via walk in, though the first purchasers online at the ATS still list shipping dates after the 14th. Not the usual Apple marketing approach, but that's what's happening.

Also, there's that rumored 30 second spot tomorrow at the SB. I'll be looking for it. Rezzy, you know something we don't?
post #155 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh, shnap! Guess I'll check with the local store periodically to see if they might get 'em quicker.

post #156 of 156 Old 02-03-2007, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrock View Post

Also, there's that rumored 30 second spot tomorrow at the SB. I'll be looking for it. Rezzy, you know something we don't?

Nope; wish I did. We know it won't be the iPhone. Rumors say music of The Beatles will finally come to the iTunes Store (there was a long dispute with Apple Records; iTunes is a store, not a recording label ).....but it's anybody's guess, really.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page