Core 2 Mini + Westy LVM-37W3 = 1920 x 1080... i - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-20-2007, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,

Sorry if this has been gone through before a hundred times, but I'll be precise enough for you to give me a quick answer - I think...

I have:

Mac Mini Intel
Core 2 at 1.83
2GB RAM
80 GB, 7200 Seagate hdd
OS 10.4.8
Westinghouse LVM-37W3 monitor

- The monitor is brand new, just came in today. Unplugged my Sun 24" (Samsung) and plugged into the Westy, came right up. Perfect.

- No overscan - dock is fully visible as are the slightly rounded corners of the top menu bar. Everything looking as it should - at least for the physical rendition of the desktop.

- When I go into the display options for the monitor, it shows as DVI-1 (which is where I have my DVI cable plugged into) and 1920 x 1080P. All good there.

- When I go to System preferences > Displays > Resolutions, it shows at the top of the pane Westinghouse LVM-37W3 just as it should. And it shows the highlighted resolution of 1920 x 1080 interlaced.

- So who's right here - the Mini's recognition of what it gives as 1920 x 1080i, or the Westinghouse' recognition as affirming it is displaying 1920 x 1080 progressive?

- Incidentally, if I go to the 'options' tab in my preference pane, it shows the overscan option as being checked. If I un-check it, I get a desktop approx. 25% smaller and noticably less crisp.

What's going on?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mochi View Post

When I go to System preferences > Displays > Resolutions, it shows at the top of the pane Westinghouse LVM-37W3 just as it should. And it shows the highlighted resolution of 1920 x 1080 interlaced.

- So who's right here - the Mini's recognition of what it gives as 1920 x 1080i, or the Westinghouse' recognition as affirming it is displaying 1920 x 1080 progressive?

The westy is right. The Mac, for whatever reason, reports 1080(interlaced) in the preferences. Happens to all of us that have this config. I have the 37w3 and a MacBook. I get the same thing. Don't worry about it, and enjoy the 1080p!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

wildrock:

Roger that.

And thanks a bunch - indeed, I'm enjoying right now as we speak!

Best -
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page