Sorry if this has been gone through before a hundred times, but I'll be precise enough for you to give me a quick answer - I think...
Mac Mini Intel
Core 2 at 1.83
80 GB, 7200 Seagate hdd
Westinghouse LVM-37W3 monitor
- The monitor is brand new, just came in today. Unplugged my Sun 24" (Samsung) and plugged into the Westy, came right up. Perfect.
- No overscan - dock is fully visible as are the slightly rounded corners of the top menu bar. Everything looking as it should - at least for the physical rendition of the desktop.
- When I go into the display options for the monitor, it shows as DVI-1 (which is where I have my DVI cable plugged into) and 1920 x 1080P. All good there.
- When I go to System preferences > Displays > Resolutions, it shows at the top of the pane Westinghouse LVM-37W3 just as it should. And it shows the highlighted resolution of 1920 x 1080 interlaced.
- So who's right here - the Mini's recognition of what it gives as 1920 x 1080i, or the Westinghouse' recognition as affirming it is displaying 1920 x 1080 progressive?
- Incidentally, if I go to the 'options' tab in my preference pane, it shows the overscan option as being checked. If I un-check it, I get a desktop approx. 25% smaller and noticably less crisp.
What's going on?