Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
Buk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings

I connected a Motorola 6416 III to a Firewire drive and the drive to my MacBook Pro, then using AVC Browser and VirtualDVHS successfully off loaded some recorded material.

I stopped the VirtualDVHS at each commercial and started it when the commercial ended.

I then opened each file VirtualDVHS had created with MPEG Streamclip to convert (export to iPod) them to another format. However, the audio was different in three different ways: 1) Perfect, 2) Stuttered with regular missing sections, 3) Audio not present at all.

When the files are opened in VLC they all play the same - perfectly.

Keeping in mind I didn't quit VirtualDVHS I just stopped recording then started it again, I find this unusual that the created files have audio differences and more peculiar that VLC plays all the files just fine. The audio is present and synced with the video and is nice and clean.

What's the problem with my workflow that created this problem and now that I have deleted the source material off of the 6416 is there a way to make these defective files "whole". I would like to bring them into Final Cut or iMovie and complete the editing out of commercials and add transitions.

Thanks for helping, as I barely know what I'm doing and definitely do not understand it.

Buk

(I'm using OSX 10.4.8 and versions 1.1 (1.0.3) of AVC Browser, version 2.0 of VirtualDVHS, version 1.8 of MPEG Streamclip and version 0.8.1 of VLC)

Will all of this be necessary with Apple TV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There's a whole thread here. You might find your answer, or someone who knows the answer can help you (I don't know).
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page