PJC Screen Calculator now does 2.35! - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: How often do you use the PJC screen size calclulator?
Never knew it existed! 0 0%
More than once a year 0 0%
More than once a month 0 0%
More than once a week 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I checked ProjectorCentral a few days ago to try to figure out how big a screen I would need to make my 100"-1.85 space into a CIH 2.35 space, and there simply wasn't an option to change the aspect ratio, I checked back just now and its there (and its adjustable!). Now you can just decide how high you want both screens, check the appropriate aspect ratio button, and slide the height bar over where you want it, and repeat this process for the other aspect ratio. This should help more people understand the relationships between 1.78, 1.85, 2.35 and 2.4 and ANY other aspect ratio you can think of. I'm not sure if Evan's in charge of this but if so, way to go! You just took a lot of the math out of making these calculations. Here's the link:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...ulator-pro.cfm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well thats what I get for not reading everything before answering the poll. PJC, 2.35, calculator grabbed my attention and off I am to try the new calculator. Only the topic leads to a poll. I'm going to trying it for the first time so of course I never new it existed.... Yeah, well read further and "Projector Central". So of course I've been there done that. Who hasn't on this forum. Not sure where "PJC" abbreviation came from but it got me. So change my vote to....more than once a month!!
post #3 of 9 Old 02-12-2009, 06:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 120
The only (potential) problem is the calculator only changes the proportion of the screen. It will work for VC lenses, or no lenses, but won't work for those planning on using HE lenses.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #4 of 9 Old 02-12-2009, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

I saw that too. I just found this forum, and I am excited about building a 2.35:1 screen. This will be very helpful.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post

The only (potential) problem is the calculator only changes the proportion of the screen. It will work for VC lenses, or no lenses, but won't work for those planning on using HE lenses.

Interesting, given that HEs are the most popular type

Mark

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #6 of 9 Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM

I believe I posted about this calculator 3 months ago
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1089172
post #7 of 9 Old 02-16-2009, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtriplex View Post

I believe I posted about this calculator 3 months ago
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1089172

Maybe...the calculator has been around for years but it didn't have the ability to choose 2.35 then...only 16:9 and 4:3. It has recently become of real interest now to those of us who want to do conversions between different aspect ratio without using trigonometry.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM

thanks. this will assist me in converting my crappy 16:9 pull-down screen to 2.35--fixed.

I also recently checked projectorcentral & google for a 16:9 -> 2.35 calc with no luck. Thanks for the update!!
post #9 of 9 Old 02-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post

I checked ProjectorCentral a few days ago to try to figure out how big a screen I would need to make my 100"-1.85 space into a CIH 2.35 space, and there simply wasn't an option to change the aspect ratio, I checked back just now and its there (and its adjustable!). Now you can just decide how high you want both screens, check the appropriate aspect ratio button, and slide the height bar over where you want it, and repeat this process for the other aspect ratio. This should help more people understand the relationships between 1.78, 1.85, 2.35 and 2.4 and ANY other aspect ratio you can think of. I'm not sure if Evan's in charge of this but if so, way to go! You just took a lot of the math out of making these calculations. Here's the link:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/proj...ulator-pro.cfm

This calculator as far as I know always existed. and it is a notion that this works only for the VC lens and not HE lens.. I have used this site to make my 2.35:1 for my CVAX lens & HD70 combo and this thing is perfect... so I think someone here is correct that it was always there but there was not need to use it or think about it until now when the cinemascope idea has become viable...
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page