Anamorphic lens shootout? - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 309 Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Newbie
 
dsardenga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok I may not quite understand and perhaps its beyond the scope (no pun intended) of this setting. A prime lens with FL based on size of sheet and distance plus an anamorphic attachment to reverse the squeeze for 2.35:1 ? 1:33.1 is not anamorphic as a ratio I would not think. I defer the higher UPS for clarity if I misspoke
dsardenga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 309 Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CAVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 8,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsardenga View Post

plus an anamorphic attachment to reverse the squeeze for 2.35:1 ?

That is what a HE lens does. Cinema uses 2x and HT uses 1.33x.

Quote:


1:33.1 is not anamorphic as a ratio I would not think. I defer the higher UPS for clarity if I misspoke

Not sure if I am understanding your question.

1.33:1 is certainly an important part of Constant Image Height projection.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
CAVX is offline  
post #303 of 309 Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Newbie
 
dsardenga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We might be talking two different things. I do not mean to sound gruff. I will look into the lingo used regarding the digital cinema projectors and servers so I can pose the question accurately. Thank you for taking the time.
dsardenga is offline  
post #304 of 309 Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CAVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 8,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsardenga View Post
We might be talking two different things. I do not mean to sound gruff. I will look into the lingo used regarding the digital cinema projectors and servers so I can pose the question accurately. Thank you for taking the time.
All of the D-Cinema projectors I've seen do not use the A-Lens (ISCO 1.25x).

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
CAVX is offline  
post #305 of 309 Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
GlenC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los Angeles - Whittier, CA
Posts: 2,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsardenga View Post
Ok I may not quite understand and perhaps its beyond the scope (no pun intended) of this setting. A prime lens with FL based on size of sheet and distance plus an anamorphic attachment to reverse the squeeze for 2.35:1 ? 1:33.1 is not anamorphic as a ratio I would not think. I defer the higher UPS for clarity if I misspoke
Here is how it works, we have 16:9 format, multiply 16 x 1.33 = 21.28 now divide 21.28 / 9 = 2.364 This is how the 1.33 horizontal stretch works. Another approach 1.78 x 1.33 = 2.367 (16:9 = 1.78:1)

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration
www.ISFHT.com
GlenC is offline  
post #306 of 309 Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CAVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 8,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenC View Post

Here is how it works, we have 16:9 format, multiply 16 x 1.33 = 21.28 now divide 21.28 / 9 = 2.364 This is how the 1.33 horizontal stretch works. Another approach 1.78 x 1.33 = 2.367 (16:9 = 1.78:1)


LL

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
CAVX is offline  
post #307 of 309 Old 04-23-2011, 01:11 PM
 
goneten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask (since I asked some questions earlier concerning lenses) do you think this lens would work on the Optoma HD20 http://www.prismasonic.com/english/d...on_h850m.shtml

I have no idea, just need some advice...
goneten is offline  
post #308 of 309 Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CAVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 8,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask (since I asked some questions earlier concerning lenses) do you think this lens would work on the Optoma HD20 http://www.prismasonic.com/english/d...on_h850m.shtml

I have no idea, just need some advice...
If the throw is long enough, yes it should be fine.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
CAVX is offline  
post #309 of 309 Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Newbie
 
dsardenga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I follow. Thank you for the outstanding details. I find myself quite handicapped with a film background as the transition to the 2k DLP's happens at a pretty good click. Operating and even installing this stuff is easy but thats where it ends. I look forward to visiting this forum again.
dsardenga is offline  
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off