After all the great advice I got here, I didn't want to just fade away without mentioning how FANTASTIC this all worked out!
There are still a few things left to do before it's "done", but we are watching movies in our HT and are absolutely in love with the setup. Unless there is a movie we absolutely can't wait to release on BD, I just don't see us ever going to the theater again.
A few things that had a much bigger impact on our movie watching experience than I expected:
* Cinescope screen - I was a little nervous about going CIH (zoom style), but wow... can't imagine anything else now!
* AT screen - Given I'm not (or should that be "wasn't"?) a hard-core movie buff, I thought this would be more about a clean look. It surprised me how much better it is having the front speakers behind the screen. We watched a couple of movies with the screen mounted before we had the speakers installed, so I got to do an A/B comparison. Much bigger difference than I would have ever guessed.
* SVS PB-13 Ultra sub - Major kudos to the wise sage that told me to put more of my budget into the sub! While they didn't recommend going quite this far down the rabbit hole, HOLY GUACAMOLE! I'm in love
* Integrated light control - Not as big as the other stuff, but hitting play and having the lights gradually dim down is just cool
Not to dismiss the awesome PQ from the RS20, but I expected
what I got on that one.
Those that have been doing HT for a while will probably dismiss this as "well, duh!", but diving head first into this like I did, I thought I'd point out the surprising stuff for other newbs like me.
A few things left to get done:
1) Furniture! Very ghetto right now
2) Need an equipment rack so things aren't just stacked up in the niche
3) Fine tune the programming on the remote
4) RS20 calibration once I get a few more hours on the bulb
Thanks again for all the excellent advice folks!