Zoom versus lens Screenshots - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 216 Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I found this in the DIY sreen section. Note the blue hue at the top of the image. This is for all intensive purposes, the blue hue is CA, yet no anamorphic lens was used here and certainly no HE lens would produce that if it were. The blue hue is caused by the image capture - IE the lens in the camera used. So what I am saying is that you should NOT automatically assume abberations like this are always caused by an anamorphic lens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor View Post

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 216 Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post

The extra CA is noticiable to me on every edge, the extra CA on the instrument panel under the "bed" stands out like canine gonads on my monitor

The blue I mentioned was from prismasonic's close ups.

I combined the pictures and zoomed it 800%, so that single camera pixels become visible.
Again, I can only see more brightness in picture with lens .. exactly the same number of camera pixels has the CA.

Quote:

I find less "haloing/CA in the zoom shot as well as a color difference. Look at the vertical disk, it has a blue "fringe" on the A-Lens version, the full perimeter of the instrument has more yellow "fringing"

..and again exactly the same number of camera pixels has the CA (or whatever). Brightness is the only difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX View Post

1. The colour fringing is in both shots, so possibly a mis-convergance error, not the lens.
Quote:

1.Quite possibly, but it is more evident in the A-Lens shot, obviously indicating the A-Lens is amplifing the problem.

Same thing happens if you choose the brighter projector, or screen with higher gain. Optics neither cannot separate from picture which part to amplify the brightness and which part not. Usually people consider the extra brightness as a desirable issue in a picture.

Yes, VTPetes's H-FE1500R lens introduces a slight amount of CA on the horizontal edges of the screen. However, as can be noticed from comparison pictures, there are much more dominant sources for the CA in VTPete's system than the FE1500R lens.

Anssi Leppanen

PRISMASONIC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #213 of 216 Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by prismasonic View Post

I combined the pictures and zoomed it 800%, so that single camera pixels become visible.
Again, I can only see more brightness in picture with lens .. exactly the same number of camera pixels has the CA.

..and again exactly the same number of camera pixels has the CA (or whatever). Brightness is the only difference.

Same thing happens if you choose the brighter projector, or screen with higher gain. Optics neither cannot separate from picture which part to amplify the brightness and which part not. Usually people consider the extra brightness as a desirable issue in a picture.

Yes, VTPetes's H-FE1500R lens introduces a slight amount of CA on the horizontal edges of the screen. However, as can be noticed from comparison pictures, there are much more dominant sources for the CA in VTPete's system than the FE1500R lens.

I've attached a brightness increased Zoom shot for comparison purposes.....I still see a color shift as well as the other differences previously discussed.

A-Lens:http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?a...e=post&id=8018

Zoom with increased brightness: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?a...e=post&id=8037

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
post #214 of 216 Old 10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

I've attached a brightness increased Zoom shot for comparison purposes

So you had to manipulate the zoomed image to prove your point?

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #215 of 216 Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX View Post

So you had to manipulate the zoomed image to prove your point?

Simply increased it's brightness as clearly stated.....the color shift etc is still apparent!

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
post #216 of 216 Old 10-27-2009, 06:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

I've attached a brightness increased Zoom shot for comparison purposes.....I still see a color shift as well as the other differences previously discussed.

A-Lens:http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?a...e=post&id=8018

Zoom with increased brightness: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?a...e=post&id=8037

You see, that is the problem, once you start post processing pics everything changes. This is absolutely no way to to get a comparison from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel.

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page