Cylindrical A-Lens Owner's Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #631 of 632 Old 05-09-2015, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eksohek View Post
has anyone tried a prime A-lens, say the ISCO III S/L on a native 4K projector, such as the Sony one with 2.35 content ?
All these posts have lots of info, but as they go far back, it's difficult to say if anything's been tested for 4K.

Cheers
Ekso
I've went back and forth on this but after extensive testing with 4K downloads by way of sliding the lens in and out, I've gone back to leaving the lens in and scaling 4K. I see no resolution benefit, only the increase in light with the lens not in the light path on 16x9 compared to lens in and 16x9 scaled. Light is no longer an issue for me even with 3D due to the good light output at max zoom with my X500. I'm even more amazed by the 3L's transparency now. With the way things are appearing to play out this lens is going to be in my system for a long time to come.
Gary Lightfoot and Eksohek like this.

Last edited by coolrda; 05-13-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 632 Old 05-11-2015, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks for the feedback. confirms my ISCO lens investment was good !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat