Cylindrical A-Lens Owner's Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Scott. Used the S&M disc's sharpness pattern and readjusted for astigmatism. The picture is surprisingly much sharper. The horizontal lines weren't in focus. Now the horizontal line is the same as the vertical. It a noticeable difference, even with movies. It gives the appearance of having better ANSI contrast and increased depth of picture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Does anyone know what price range the new Schneider 1.33xLE falls into? And what does "LE" stand for?
post #93 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Does anyone know what price range the new Schneider 1.33xLE falls into? And what does "LE" stand for?

I don't have pricing yet. It is about the size of the M lens but it's elements are a plastic material. It was shown at CEDIA last year nameless IIRC. My guess is LE is Light Edition. I understand it was meant to be competitive with the lower priced lens options. I would not get your hopes too high that it will be "cheap" though. I expect the other possibilities hitting the virtual shelves earlier or about the same time to be competitive with it. Quality wise, I'm sure it will have their professional lens mechanics, as for optical performance, we'll just have to see how it compares.

post #94 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Someone picked up a IIIL off Ebay this week for under $3k. I was watching it but the guy changed it to a "buy it now" and poof it went before I saw it change. I don't think he knew what it was (worth) now. Someone got a *really* good deal on that puppy. It's the only IIIL I've ever seen hit ebay I think. Very rare in any case.

post #95 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

I don't have pricing yet. It is about the size of the M lens but it's elements are a plastic material. It was shown at CEDIA last year nameless IIRC. My guess is LE is Light Edition. I understand it was meant to be competitive with the lower priced lens options. I would not get your hopes too high that it will be "cheap" though. I expect the other possibilities hitting the virtual shelves earlier or about the same time to be competitive with it. Quality wise, I'm sure it will have their professional lens mechanics, as for optical performance, we'll just have to see how it compares.

I did a little digging and it apparently will come packaged with a motorized Kino-Torsion for around $4.5K. The Kino-Torsion alone for the 1.33M has an MSRP of $2350, so the difference of $2150 would make for a pretty hot price on the lens. Then again, the lens by itself might go for more.
post #96 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

I did a little digging and it apparently will come packaged with a motorized Kino-Torsion for around $4.5K. The Kino-Torsion alone for the 1.33M has an MSRP of $2350, so the difference of $2150 would make for a pretty hot price on the lens. Then again, the lens by itself might go for more.

4.5k is apparently correct, with torsion.

Murray Thompson

post #97 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 PM
CIH USER

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:

That is a good price

Frank

post #98 of 623 Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 PM
CIH USER

Quote:

Someone picked up a IIIL off Ebay this week for under $3k. I was watching it but the guy changed it to a "buy it now" and poof it went before I saw it change. I don't think he knew what it was (worth) now. Someone got a *really* good deal on that puppy. It's the only IIIL I've ever seen hit ebay I think. Very rare in any case.

Very hard to find those types of lenses on eBay.

Frank

post #99 of 623 Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Very hard to find those lenses used anywhere, I Was lucky and found one a couple of years ago and payed 3000$. And I will never sell it!

Regards
Andreas

post #100 of 623 Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 68
I am hoping for a new level of pricing (around 2K+) for future products. What Alan mentioned earlier seems promising and the thought of a new Schneider lens at a lower price point would be great. If either option pans out, I'll be selling my trusty Panamorph 480 and sled.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #101 of 623 Old 07-30-2010, 06:59 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post

I am hoping for a new level of pricing (around 2K+) for future products. What Alan mentioned earlier seems promising and the thought of a new Schneider lens at a lower price point would be great. If either option pans out, I'll be selling my trusty Panamorph 480 and sled.

Im hoping many more jump aboard the CIH route.It will be good to see many more members onboard. Once you get the taste of CIH you do not want to go back.

Frank

post #102 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:

The setup instructions mentioned previously are in the back of our CineSlide's manual.

www.techht.com, downloads link, CineSlide manual link....

This is exactly what I was looking for. Going back over my projector install using plumb bobs to perfect alignment, I realized I am good in almost every way except somehow about an inch off horizontal center!

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since i set up my UH480), it is not advisable to use the projector's horizontal lens shift for alignment, meaning I need to manually move my projector in order to dial in alignment horizontally, correct?
post #103 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneilan1 View Post

This is exactly what I was looking for. Going back over my projector install using plumb bobs to perfect alignment, I realized I am good in almost every way except somehow about an inch off horizontal center!

If I remember correctly (it's been a while since i set up my UH480), it is not advisable to use the projector's horizontal lens shift for alignment, meaning I need to manually move my projector in order to dial in alignment horizontally, correct?

Yes I went through the article to on the Isco setup, its very good, Ive never seen this before.

Murray Thompson

post #104 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneilan1 View Post

Being perfectly aligned is a proper goal, but if the PJ is already mounted, and has horizontal shift available, I wouldn't go ripping down a PJ instalaltion over an inch, unless it was causing a problem.

post #105 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 02:02 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

I should update those instrucitons. I have some improvements on the method, just havent had time to do the editing...

post #106 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 02:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:

I should update those instrucitons. I have some improvements on the method, just havent had time to do the editing...

Please do that and let us know in this tread when you do...

Regards
Andreas

post #107 of 623 Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

OK. Registered owners first

post #108 of 623 Old 08-01-2010, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK. Registered owners first

I'm holding you to it.

post #109 of 623 Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post

I'm holding you to it.

I meant registered *CineSlide* owners . We need to upgrade you.

post #110 of 623 Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Cooldra,

How did you go with re-adjustment of the astigmatism correction on your ISCO III?

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #111 of 623 Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That is a good price

It sure is Frank but by time it reaches our shores through a local distributor it will no doubt cost a whole heap more than exchange rate would dictate. Be nice if it was made here.

post #112 of 623 Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Tripp View Post

It sure is Frank but by time it reaches our shores through a local distributor it will no doubt cost a whole heap more than exchange rate would dictate. Be nice if it was made here.

I guess its the case of not going through the local distrubutors. There is a place us Australians can get them.

Frank

post #113 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX View Post

Cooldra,

How did you go with re-adjustment of the astigmatism correction on your ISCO III?

Yes. I did refocus. Removed lens and refocused projector. Had my son at the projector while I stood at the screen. Did the same after lens was mounted. I used the S&M test disc. The difference was considerable. My original adjustment was nice and sharp in the vertical plane, not with the horizontal. Soon as they were both dialed in the image just popped off the screen. Huge improvement. Only problem now is I desperately want a new projector. I will wait to CEDIA announcements then decide on my next unit.

post #114 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrda View Post

Only problem now is I desperately want a new projector. I will wait to CEDIA announcements then decide on my next unit.

Sounds like we're in the same boat as I currently own a BenQW5000 too and like you have found with the ISCO III, the anamorphic lens has way better optics than the projector

Mark Techer

post #115 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 02:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like we're in the same boat as I currently own a BenQW5000 too and like you have found with the ISCO III, the anamorphic lens has way better optics than the projector

Whats a list in order of projectors with the best optics and is there a visible difference when you use one?

Murray Thompson

post #116 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 02:52 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

Im on that boat too Mark Im looking for another projector. At the moment Im looking at the JVC 950 but Ive just noticed there is also the 990. There is still plenty good projectors out there

Frank

post #117 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 02:54 AM
CIH USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

Whats a list in order of projectors with the best optics and is there a visible difference when you use one?

I guess it also depends on the price range. I was looking at the Marantz and was told not to bother with it as its not good as the JVC. The Marantz has awesome optics from what ive read.

Frank

post #118 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

All I will say on that is that my next 1080 will have to out perform the current unit I have or I will move to another technology even though I do like DLP.

Mark Techer

post #119 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 04:42 AM
CIH USER

Quote:

All I will say on that is that my next 1080 will have to out perform the current unit I have or I will move to another technology even though I do like DLP.

A 3 chip DLP Mark?

Frank

post #120 of 623 Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

A 3 chip DLP Mark?

I'd actually like one of those single chip LED models.

Mark Techer

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page