Originally Posted by samalmoe
so..anyone have anything to say about their new prismasonic?
I wish I was able to discuss its performance, but alas, I'm just getting back to working on my HT. I got on the waiting list in the early stages anticipating I'd be done by now. But a broken foot halted my progress for months.
I ordered and received the HD-6000RX with the motorized lift and focus. Mine will be mounted up in a hush box, so I went ahead and splurged for the motorized focus.
What I can tell you is this:
1) AVS was excellent in informing me of the shipment and didn't charge me until it was going out the door.
2) The unit was very well packed.
3) Assembly is pretty straightforward. You do need to take off the bottom of the lens unit (four screws on bottom and two on front) in order to peel off the protective plastic applied on all sides of the lenses. Assembly of the lift mechanism is quick and parts included allow you to vary the height of travel depending on your projector and/or mount.
4) The remote and power supply operate both the lift and the motorized focus. That being said, you only have it plugged in to one at a time. So you only have the power to the motorized focus during setup. The remote then controls the focus with the lift disabled, but in the light path. Once you get the focus right, you then switch the power to the lift. The remote then controls the lift.
5) Everything on mine was working as expected.
6) With no projector or screen, my testing was completed. Back in the box it went to be utilized in the near future (hopefully!).
I’m on the list for the upcoming CB-500 mount. I guess I have time to wait for it.
Sorry I couldn’t be of any help with the performance of the lens itself! Interested to hear about that too!