Setting up for 2.35 cine screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I finally got my Panny 4000 for an excellent price. Now onto the setup. As I understand this I should mount the PJ around 14-15' from screen (as per calculator) put in a 2.35 aspect movie, zoom so that it fills the screen and thats it? Then when a 16:9 movie is playing I will have black bars (masked at a later time) on the sides of the screen correct?
OR
Do I have to set it for 16:9 and 2.35 in PJs memory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyravr View Post

So I finally got my Panny 4000 for an excellent price. Now onto the setup. As I understand this I should mount the PJ around 14-15' from screen (as per calculator) put in a 2.35 aspect movie, zoom so that it fills the screen and thats it? Then when a 16:9 movie is playing I will have black bars (masked at a later time) on the sides of the screen correct?
OR
Do I have to set it for 16:9 and 2.35 in PJs memory?

i dont know much about the panny 4000 but in general the zoom method requires that you resize/re-zoom for each aspect ratio (and depending on your set-up, potentially have to program lens shift and focus settings as well). if you left it zoomed so that a 2.35 fit your screen perfectly, next time you ran a 16:9 movie, you would be cutting off the top and bottom of the image since for a given width, 16:9 images are taller than 2.35 images.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Ahhhh Okkkk. Now i get it. thanx.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyravr View Post

Ahhhh Okkkk. Now i get it. thanx.

glad i can help, i'm also fairly new to all this. also to be clear, once you do save the 16:9 zoom,shift, focus settings for a given 2.35 screen height, you will then have the black bars on the sides when viewing content using those settings (it won't be projected "black" bars; your image just will not reach those side areas at the 16:9 settings).
post #5 of 5 Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Liked: 12
You should post your questions in the official thread for the panny 4000. You'll get direct answers from other owners (I own one too! although it's just sitting on top of a storage unit for testing right now LOL): http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...86232&page=255

PS - You setup the 16:9 image first centered on your scope screen, save a setting for it (call it 16x9 or whatever) then zoom in for the 2.35 (don't use the manual knobs on the system for this part you can use digital shifting if needed I think). refocus it and save that as 2.35:1. Then use your remote to jump between the two OR turn on auto mode and have the panny try to automatically switch between settings based on input. Auto mode can be finicky at times depending on the content. Hope that helps!
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page