post #1 of 11 Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WOOOT!

104" wide 44.25"tall 113" diagonal High contrast High power Model C 2.35:1

http://www.thefinalclick.com/Da-Lite..._p_124599.html

They even added it to the site for me over the phone lol.

CANT WAIT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Cool! When does it arrive?

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #3 of 11 Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

sometime next week. Im nervous though, i gotta call back tomorrow and double check, to make sure that it pulls down to 2.35:1 and stays there, not 16:9 with masking to 2.35:1
post #4 of 11 Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I didn't click the link this morning. If you are buying a Scope screen, it will be formatted as such, not a 16:9 screen.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #5 of 11 Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

sweet
post #6 of 11 Old 03-02-2012, 10:05 PM

Good evening folks,

Okay, I'm a newbie to the front projector world, but from what I have researched so far, this seems like a pretty good deal! I too am interested in the 2:35 world but am considering an anamorphic lens to make the jump to 2:35. However, the cost was my concern... but... if I could pick up a quality screen at this price, it may be worth the jump.

Am I missing something here... is this a "normal" price range for a screen of this size?
I realize there are a lot of opinions about which screens offer which advantages, but this seems to be a really good price. What gives here?

My wife was experiencing serious sticker shock after visiting our local home theater store and hearing what was being quoted. Of course, they were showing the cadillac system and everything in between. Nothing wrong with that, but she was hoping to keep the system below (or close to) 5K to get up and running. We already have a very nice audio system so we are just looking to make the jump into the "Big Screen" for our home theater.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
A quality A-lens could put you at your budget by itself.

Two camps on the 2.35 screen issue. A-lens and Zoom.

If you have a PJ with zoom memory, (like a Panny 4000U or 7000U), the PJ will zoom the image when a 2.35 image is detected. Basically the black letterboxing bars will be projected off the screen. When a 16:9 image is detected, it will zoom again so that the full image is within your 2.35 screen. However, you will have black "pillarboxes" on the sides of the image with 16:9.

Either way, you will have black bars to deal with in one ratio or another. It all boils down to which format you watch more. Some purists want to have the cinema scope (2.35) format be larger than 16:9, for the "wow" factor when the movie starts.

I went with 16:9 when I upgraded my screen recently. I got a screen that was 16:9 and as wide as the room. In that case, the scope image is as large as it can be physically, and the 16:9 is as large as it's going to be as well. My scope image is still "smaller" than the 16:9 image, but I do like to watch a fair amount of BD concerts, which are 16:9, so I like the large image for 16:9.
post #8 of 11 Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the response ADDUpstate. Helpful information.

If a PJ with zoom memory is used, then one can gain the benefits of 2:35 aspect ratio, but does it do so at the expense of image quality?

Also, I ran across a company called Anamorphic Research this morning that is sell the AR lens at about 1K. From a price standpoint it is certainly appealing, but they could be doing so at the expense of quality. Does anyone have experience with these products or have any feedback to share?

Thanks,
post #9 of 11 Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

and i dunno its nice and all but it has dark spots on it. Not intensely noticeable but when theres a bright white scene you can see em very destracting from the movie.. anybody else have this with the high contrast high power? My regular high power doesnt do this at all, not sure if its an artifact of the grey fabric?

i know its going to be a mainly movie screen but i'd really like to not have it detract my attention from movies(i strive for perfection!lol)
post #10 of 11 Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 AM

cool
post #11 of 11 Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
and i dunno its nice and all but it has dark spots on it. Not intensely noticeable but when theres a bright white scene you can see em very destracting from the movie.. anybody else have this with the high contrast high power? My regular high power doesnt do this at all, not sure if its an artifact of the grey fabric?

Was this resolved? I'm thinking of going HCHP but keep hearing of these problems with splotchy patterns/dark spots.

Did you try swapping it out? How is thefinalclick about exchanging w/ a new screen given such issues?

Thanks!
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page