Help Prismasonic 5000m - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my set up with the Themscene HD80 with the prismasonic HD5000M prism anamorphic lens, it has great even sharp focus corner to corner when on scope, but when I set it to pass to show 16:9 the image is off center on my scope screen

I took the lens away it is ceiling mounted as is the projector and the 16:9 image without the lens is centered on the screen, when I put the lens in front and set it to pass mode its off center

I predominately watch scope movies but I do have a number of 16:9 movies that I do want to watch, does anybody have any ideas suggestions etc would be most welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Might be able to help you. I have a 1500 that is somewhat smaller but similar enough. There are to knobs to adjust the stretch. Inside the lens there are stops on both knobs. Sounds like one of the stops is out of adjustment. This would certainly cause the problem you describe. In my lens the stops are accessible from the rear of the lens. For the front adjustment I had to remove the astigmatism lens to get access. I am sure there are some instructions on the Prismasonic website, in the manual or you could email them.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Cinema Gary

I bought the same lens and also have the same issue. I don't believe the internal stops will help! Did you find a soulotion?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I'm pretty sure I tweaked mine to be centered with the stops.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
There are four adjustments or stops. two are in the back and the other two are behind the focus lens. Have you adjusted all of the stops? The ones in the rear are easy to adjust but the ones in the front require removing the focus lens for access.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, basically what I did was adjust move the lens fully to the "mode" that was off center, at which point two of the four stop screws should be touching the lenses. Then you adjust one of those two in (towards the lens) and the other out) away from the lens, which shifts both lenses the same direction, keeping them roughly in the same orientation relative to one another, but shifts the image.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input I have not had access to the internet for just over a week.... frown.gif

In your post which stop screws are you adjusting are they the ones behind the focus lens at the front, or the ones at the rear where the projector image goes into the lens and which stops are they to get the image centred could you be more specific smile.gif
Old 07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You have to adjust both. There are 4 stop screws, two for each prism. One pair are used (touched) when the lens is in stretch mode, the other two are used for pass mode. You put the lens in to pass mode and then you adjust the two stops that are touching the prisms (one on each prism).
Cinema Gary likes this.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for the response so i can understand as i am new to anamorphic lenses, I need adjust all the stops in the rear and front of the lens till the 16:9 image is centered ?

But the scope image will not need any adjustment am i correct in thinking that ?
Old 07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Gary View Post

thank you for the response so i can understand as i am new to anamorphic lenses, I need adjust all the stops in the rear and front of the lens till the 16:9 image is centered ?

Almost, there's one pair of stops (one for each prism) that stop the prisms in pass mode (16:9) and one pair that stop them at the other end of travel for scope/stretch mode (2.37:1). So basically whichever mode is "wrong" you put the lens in that mode, and then adjust the stops to fix it. If it's shifted, you screw one in (toward the prism) and the other out/away from it.
Quote:
But the scope image will not need any adjustment am i correct in thinking that ?

That's the other set of stops, so if you don't change those, that "mode" won't change.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Here is the owners manual for this lens: http://www.prismasonic.com/pdf/hd5000m_manual_web.pdf It basically tells you what was discussed above. Thought that you might want the link for future reference.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .