CIH and movies with changing video format - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am new to the forums and new to 2.35. I just got my dream theater install done and am doing 2.35 by using the zoom feature on a JVC X30 until I can get an A-lens. However in movies like TRON, Transformers, and The Dark Knight, the image format changes back and forth throughout the movie causing the image to spill over onto the wall and soffit. Would an A-lens fixed this or some sort of video processing either through a blu-ray player, HT PC, or video processor or is their nothing I can do.

Thank you for your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Both are options. A lens will "fix" it by nature of the fact that you actually crop those parts of the frame off so they are not output at all.

The other option is to use some sort of electronic blanking to blank out those parts of the image. I know some projectors have that capability, as do some of the better video processors.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
post #3 of 3 Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdub0609 View Post

However in movies like TRON, Transformers, and The Dark Knight, the image format changes back and forth throughout the movie

These multi aspect ration films were done as cream for the IMAX cake. They also work for the 16:9 video market. However in at least 99% of cinemas around the world, these films (back in 35mm days) were all shown as Scope. For me, the idea that I can re-create that experience in the home with these films is good enough reason for me to watch the film as Scope and ignore the fact that small portions of the film have been cut off.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page