Screen for 2.35:1 3D with Panasonic AT-PT7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi.
Projector is Panasonic AT-PT5000 (AT-PT7000) and I will be using the zoom on that to get 2.35:1

I have a 16:9 112” 250x140,5 cm(98x55”) gray tap-tension motor screen that I’m changing to a Draper Frame Vision 115” 106x45” 2.35:1

The room has white walls and selling but I’m able to control the ambient light.

I use it for everything TV, Games, DVD, Blu ray, Blu ray 3D. But mostly Blu ray, Blu ray 3D and DVD.

I use a Windows 7 HTPC for Blu ray and DVD.

I have 2 options for the screen. FlexWhite 1.0 gain and ReAct II 1.2 gain
My main concern with the gray is to little brightness when watching 3D movies with the active shutter glasses. And with the white to light blacks. Any insight?

FlexWhite http://www.drapergroupltd.co.uk/en/products/screens/fixed_screens.aspx?pid=60&aid=75&dss=true

ReAct II
http://www.drapergroupltd.co.uk/en/products/screens/fixed_screens.aspx?pid=60&aid=78&dss=true
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Gray screens are good with dealing in rooms with (white) reflective walls since gray screen reduce reflections that white screens and walls can cause. If you are using black, non-reflective, dedicated home theater room, white screens, neutral (1.0) gain screen are the best choice because of reduced reflections. Since you are using it in a room with white walls, I'd encourage the ReAct II Gray screen especially since that screen has a higher gain (1.2) than the white screen (1.0), and thus is even brighter, although it's viewing angles is smaller.

The AE7000 is an definite improvement in brightness over it's previous projectors, not quite in league with JVC or Epson, but it can light screens in many home theater environments regardless.

If you want, you can also output your HTPC in a Cinemascope aspect ratio (say 1920x816) with your video card drivers or Powerstrip, which either option, it's possible to present. It's worth a look.
A Movieholic likes this.
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page