ISCO Anamorphic Projector Widescreen Lens 1.33x S w - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 45
How far down the food chain was this model and how old is it?

Murray Thompson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 44
If it is the A-Lens I think it is, the S stands for small. Its glass design should be identical to the L and M units. Probably about 3 years old now. Performance should be on par with the larger versions.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #3 of 12 Old 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Don't know about the "w" on the end of your subject line, but that implys a "medium" size Schneider/Isco "IIIS" ( = M). The IIIS is a smaller than Ton'ys XEIT lens.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

Don't know about the "w" on the end of your subject line, but that implys a "medium" size Schneider/Isco "IIIS" ( = M). The IIIS is a smaller than Ton'ys XEIT lens.
I now know the "W" was not meant to be on the end, the lens is a "S" small.

Murray Thompson

post #5 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

No, not a "small". To be clear, the lens is a S, medium. I personally named that lens. Isco was going to call it the Isco II again, and I told them that would be a mistake since there was already the older out of production "Isco II" with a lower performance conotation. They agreed and we called it the IIIS. "S" for smaller than the "L" of the IIIL but of the same design.

The "M" came later when Isco began making/branding the lenses for Schneider who had the tiny CineDigitar. They thought to avoid confusion in thier line they named the Schneider branded lenses "M" and "XL", which was confusing IMO, but Schneider didn't take input from me like Isco did. The Isco IIIS and the Schneider "M" are the same lens, made by the same machines and poeple, with a different focus ring. Identical size glass. Both are "medium" in size.

Cheers

post #6 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No, not a "small". To be clear, the lens is a S, medium. I personally named that lens. Isco was going to call it the Isco II again, and I told them that would be a mistake since there was already the older out of production "Isco II" with a lower performance conotation. They agreed and we called it the IIIS. "S" for smaller than the "L" of the IIIL but of the same design.
The "M" came later when Isco began making/branding the lenses for Schneider who had the tiny CineDigitar. They thought to avoid confusion in thier line they named the Schneider branded lenses "M" and "XL", which was confusing IMO, but Schneider didn't take input from me like Isco did. The Isco IIIS and the Schneider "M" are the same lens, made by the same machines and poeple, with a different focus ring. Identical size glass. Both are "medium" in size.
Cheers

Thats very interesting and also very confusing...ha!
Nice to know the truth that the "S" is not really a small lens and in the end its actually the same lens as the Schneider "M", its a good lens and will work with most projectors just as the "M" does.

Murray Thompson

post #7 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post

Thats very interesting and also very confusing...ha!
Nice to know the truth that the "S" is not really a small lens and in the end its actually the same lens as the Schneider "M", its a good lens and will work with most projectors just as the "M" does.
Yep. "Fit" depends on throw ratio and the PJ technology (panel size), and lens recess (e.g Sim2 C3X chassis). It will fit anything the Sch M fits as they are identical in size. Since you are in AU I'd point out the XEIT will fit a few more as it's larger. The Isco IIIL (now changed to the Isco 4XL) fits most everything.

post #8 of 12 Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yep. "Fit" depends on throw ratio and the PJ technology (panel size), and lens recess (e.g Sim2 C3X chassis). It will fit anything the Sch M fits as they are identical in size. Since you are in AU I'd point out the XEIT will fit a few more as it's larger. The Isco IIIL (now changed to the Isco 4XL) fits most everything.

Ok good to know!

Murray Thompson

post #9 of 12 Old 08-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have some info on the following lens?

Runco WideVisionTM Cinema Grade Anamorphic Lens 720p 2.35:1.

Looks alot like an ISCO III. Is there a difference between ISCO III and IIIL?
post #10 of 12 Old 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Show me some pictures and I can tell you what it is. There is no "III", only a "IIIL" or a "IIIS".

post #11 of 12 Old 08-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Show me some pictures and I can tell you what it is. There is no "III", only a "IIIL" or a "IIIS".
Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Sorry, I missed your photo post. I need to see it from the side. That should do it but preferably with a size reference in the photo to be positive. Like a DVD laying beside it for example.

Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page