Your opinion needed on Panamorph UH480 Lens flaw - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I just received a new Panamorph UH480 kit. I noticed two of the edges of the glass have what looks like missing film or ? The image below emphasizes it a bit because I purposely bounced a flash to expose it. Will this effect the image quality in any way?
This is my first time using (or even seeing in person) an anamorphic lens so I want to be sure there are no problems. Thanks for your help. (BTW, it's a B-stock purchase so that may explain it).

70gdcn.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If that's all they are, edge flaws, the beam won't come near them.

I doubt whether Shawn would send you a lens, even a B-Stock lens, that has a serious optical problem.

But, what I can't figure out is why you don't contact Panamorph direct, instead of posting here about your problem. Wouldn't they be the obvious experts in this area? rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 5 Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Bob II View Post

If that's all they are, edge flaws, the beam won't come near them.
I doubt whether Shawn would send you a lens, even a B-Stock lens, that has a serious optical problem.
But, what I can't figure out is why you don't contact Panamorph direct, instead of posting here about your problem. Wouldn't they be the obvious experts in this area? rolleyes.gif

I figured it would be a non-issue and definitely knew it wouldn't be a serious optical problem but it's quicker and easier to post a pick here and get a fast answer considering Panamorph likely doesnt stay open weekends. BTW, I was always under the impression that AVS is a great place to get quick answers as well as share experiences with products. rolleyes.gif

The kit came in well packed, far more robust and well made than I expected.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-29-2012, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZ View Post

I just received a new Panamorph UH480 kit. I noticed two of the edges of the glass have what looks like missing film or ? The image below emphasizes it a bit because I purposely bounced a flash to expose it. Will this effect the image quality in any way?
This is my first time using (or even seeing in person) an anamorphic lens so I want to be sure there are no problems. Thanks for your help. (BTW, it's a B-stock purchase so that may explain it).

Hello RobZ,

First, thank you for choosing a Panamorph lens! Like Aussie Bob II points out that is a very minor flaw in the optical coatings and will not impact the performance of the lens in any way.

We certainly hope you will enjoy your new Panamorph lens. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

www.panamorph.com

Ultra-Wide Home Cinema
post #5 of 5 Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelliht View Post

Hello RobZ,
First, thank you for choosing a Panamorph lens! Like Aussie Bob II points out that is a very minor flaw in the optical coatings and will not impact the performance of the lens in any way.
We certainly hope you will enjoy your new Panamorph lens. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Great thanks. Can't wait to put it to use.
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page