Panasonic PT-AE7000U CIH zoom issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just hooked up my AE7000U but can't figure out why I can't get CIH zoom working properly with the lens centered just below the top of the projected image. I thought this should work fine. My screen height is 60" so that gives me 120" 16x9 and 150" 2.35:1. Trying to get the projector all dialed in before mounting it. I currently have the projector sitting at a throw distance of 19'8".

I manually centered the 16:9 image top to bottom, with no electronic offsets and saved that as 16:9. I then used the vertical electronic shift to raise the 2.35 image. If I put the projector lens about 14" below the top of the projected image it works great and the auto-zoom is giving me the CIH I am looking for but I don't want to mount my projector that low. When I put the lens so the top of the lens is 2" below the top of the projected image, I can't get the 2.35 image up high enough, it gets within a few inches but then starts cropping the image an won't raise any higher.

Any ideas on why I can't get the CIH zoom working properly with the projector centered and just below the center of the screen? Does the throw distance come into play here?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I feel a little stoopid but I answered my own question. I was looking at the projector on the pile of boxes, thinking it didn't look level and was pointing up a little. Duh! I leveled the projector and now it works as expected. biggrin.gif
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae7000u 1080p Full Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ae7000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page