Benefits to combine TV and ultra wide screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
kis3dhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: b.c. canada
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This thread is to follow up on my last two posts that show how the device works.

Before I detail this DIY support for dual display purposes, I like to tell you I am not audiophile or videophile like the experts at this site. I am just an average Joe or newbie who just want to have good time and proud to acknowledge others who's unknown to this field and what I've achieved. Also the pro or armature may benefit from what I've experienced.
Through the year before I remodeled my HT , I had watched Screen Innovation Youth-tube videos and visited their sites numerous time and even signed up to their Webinar to gain their knowledge and observed their effort to enhance entertainment industries, best of all was when SI teamed up with Panamorph to demo their best gears could do with the hi-end or entry level projectors and their new lines of products. I salute to their contributions.

With all this fancy and glamorous demo, I noticed they only targeted and relied on the dealers to promote their products to the wealthy one with lots of room space at home and cash to show off. While the averages folks now are either downsizing or still living in smaller dwellings and have extra cash to spend would only can get what the dealers would offer. Unfortunately, most of them buy the big flat monitors and worst of all some end up to watch tv or movies with smart phone or tablets. No wonder, IMO recently Hollywood likes more 3D productions so the generation with handheld devices cannot get any freebies soon yet . Hollywood is taking notes as people are watching smaller and smaller screens.
As we noticed locally the big box video center or fancy boutique video stores all have separated rooms or cubicles to demo their gears. Few has mixed display but most of big box video outlet has their projector just hung there and collecting dust and the screen looked nonexistent. For those have proper projection set-up are usually 16:9 and with modern and fancy expensive audio gears. As they expect most of the customers who can afford their system can watch TV and movies all on one screen. Just when I asked what the black bars on screen and what make the ultra-wide better than 16:9, few sellers could give an reasonable answer, some even ever seen one at home yet. Mind what they know about anamorphic len can do.

Just that, it indicate me the projector and screen dealers haven't done enough PR yet and no wonder lots of customers don't know what they want and need to have better entertainment for less. My guess of the recent SI and Panamorph first ever public webinars was for one that reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IMHO the consumers need more info and education so they can have the right choices.
True, it's easy to show off on line and videos on youth-tube, however without the face to face friendly advice or real time display, the public still has no clues about the benefit to enjoy bigger screen for less. Like recently, I invited a local video big box store manager to comment my DIY project, after a short presentation how and why watch videos on ultra wide screen has lot more benefits than widescreen TVs and 16:9 projection. He is so impressed that he told me he learnt more in half a day at my home than he had been in stores for many years because in store most customers care only the cost and no sale persons pay attention to their interest. He also thought I have a very new audio system and found himself so immersed when watching 3d movie with 7.1 track, in fact I told him it's the new oppo bd-103 I bought recently that gave the 12yrs. old 5.1 receiver and stereo another new beginning and best of all I can even use Oppo remote to control the force that sets off the pairs of ClarkSynthesis Platinum transducers and a pair of Silver one which I stalled in my reclining sofa. I think the OPPO dealer and users can take notes here.

The 120" 2.40:1 curved screen is homemade and bungee suspended, so as the av cabinet is recycled from an IKEA wardrobe set. Oh, the carpet is the same old one but was renewed with 3d patterns, my friends are all impressed, if any AVS members interest in how was done, please suggest me where can I post the thread. Also, the wall acoustic panels are DIY by recycling the old materials. More of the project details will be revealed.

For the benefits of dual displays : (the lists can be long so I just make a few points , I think is appropriate to the members)
a. you have choices to see your favourite videos big or small

b. your video games can be more immersive, particularly the 3d games on ultra wide
.
c. you can just watch News on TV or searching music favourite list while on play back without wasting the projector lamp life by showing on the big screen.

d. keep all your audio system in one place, without spending another system just for the TV, as we all know how TV built in speakers sound like.

e. We all hate that black bars on TV as we watch movie, now with a slight push the TV set will give way to the real movie screen. Or there's a solution for those who the money is no subject, 55" curved TV is coming to rid that bars
.
f. for the dealer, they can show the customer how to enjoy the different between an 55" TV and a 100"+ widescreen in real time, rather than tell customers move from cubicle to enclose room to justify themselves. Dealer can make more profit on projection than just selling very competitive tv sets.

g. Now 3D TV has become more popular, if you think watch 3D movies on that 50" or the new 4K TV is good ,till you see that 3d image on that 100" or 120"+ , I believe you might change your mind. As 3d images only look great and alive on widescreen. That's why IMAX is so popular.

h. By seating close and prolong watching TV has known for causing eyes health problems but watching projected images on screen can reduce that risk. So, size does matter when viewing videos
.
i. For someone with only one room to set up the curved ultra wide, instead to choose a fix screen or motorised drop screen, this set up may satisfy their need.

these are the few photos had been posted on the other FYI thread "How to combine TV and curved Screen" and many viewers already have the opportunity to see how it works.


Following is how the retractable TV mount was built.
note : the photos may show the project kind of crude, that's because I keep the 3R ( reduce, reuse & recycle) goal set in my mind


I use thick cardboard as a template. Best of all if you still have the old box that came with it. First, trace out all the openings and the exact location for the screws to mount the TV set .
Put the template in front of the wood panel and raise it at least 1.5" and pencil marks the area need to cut and drill. That you sure the TV set has the clearance as it stands upright.
[IMG ALT=""]
Caution: If the Tv back panel is not flat. Risk of damage to the TV set as tightening the screws .



Your comments or any suggestions are highly appreciated.
banzaiibc likes this.
kis3dhc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
John Schuermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 87
You make a number of excellent observations. First of all, your statement here is dead on:

Just that, it indicate me the projector and screen dealers haven't done enough PR yet and no wonder lots of customers don't know what they want and need to have better entertainment for less. My guess of the recent SI and Panamorph first ever public webinars was for one that reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In other words, you are not wrong. We have found that most dealers are painfully unaware of what a good projection system can do. Most of the salespeople we run into at big box stores are literally scared of front projection, since they think it is way too complicated. They would rather just steer people toward a flat panel, load it into their car, and call it a day. No surprise that the store manager learned a great deal from you smile.gif

Great system, btw!

John Schuermann, Filmmaker / Film Composer
Home Theater Industry Consultant
JS Music and Sound
Panamorph
Check out my new movie!: www.stephensonmovie.com
John Schuermann is online now  
Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Member
 
genesplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That is a great setup. You gave me the idea to do something very similar, except I want to put my plasma behind the projector screen, and flip the acoustically transparent projector screen up into the ceiling to watch tv.
genesplitter is offline  
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
sipester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesplitter View Post

That is a great setup. You gave me the idea to do something very similar, except I want to put my plasma behind the projector screen, and flip the acoustically transparent projector screen up into the ceiling to watch tv.

Yes, it's a whole lot easier to keep the flat panel in place and get a drop down screen rather than moving the flat panel out of the way, just depends on how much you really want to have a curved screen. If you are okay with a flat projection screen, then it is way easier to move the screen.
sipester is offline  
Old 05-25-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
kis3dhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: b.c. canada
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
To genesplitter :
I'll probably do the way you plan, if it's not my room has a brick fireplace built in the corner ,that is challenging to place the main speaker. That's why I choose the curved screen and the curvature of the frame provide a little space that I can center it on the wall.
If your screen is light weight, something like this may make it look elegant.


But if it is going to be curved, let some experienced members can brainstorm an idea for you.
kis3dhc is offline  
Old 01-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Newbie
 
banzaiibc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Great setup kis3dhc. Would you be able to share some details about your DIY curved screen?
banzaiibc is offline  
Old 01-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Senior Member
 
William L Carman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Oceanside, California (San Diego County)
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have tried something somewhat similar (although much simpler)
in my extremely small, center bedroom "man cave" in our mobile home.

I have a one man home theater set-up using an Epson 5030 video projector. I recently decided to experiment with hanging a 2.40:1 57" x 24" home made screen in front of my 50" 4K flat screen tv.
I sit only about five and a half feet from the tv. My concept was to
have the same picture height whether watching 2.40:1 or 1.78:1, by merely changing tv's. This way I no longer need to manually zoom the projector's lens, and I put fewer hours on the projector's lamp. I hang the screen using light chains. So far, this is working very well for me.
William L Carman is offline  
Old 01-24-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,786
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 463
When I first got my projector back in 2011, I thought I'd keep my plasma around and use it to save bulb time. Whoops, didn't happen. Bigger size > better blacks > better resolution is what I found. I loved the blacks on my plasma but just found myself never using the TV and watching / doing everything on my projector.

I sold my TV six months after I realized it was collecting dust from non-use and I hadn't turned it on in forever.

If I were doing a scope screen setup using a 16:9 projector, I'd just set it up using the zoom method and use a 1920x810 resolution with gpu scaling off. (to keep it rendering in letterbox). Sure, 16:9 content isn't as bright or high res as it could be, but I'm lazy and don't want to re-adjust the lens and focus when it's movie-time.
RLBURNSIDE is online now  
Old 02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,855
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by kis3dhc View Post
This thread is to follow up on my last two posts that show how the device works.

Before I detail this DIY support for dual display purposes, I like to tell you I am not audiophile or videophile like the experts at this site. I am just an average Joe or newbie who just want to have good time and proud to acknowledge others who's unknown to this field and what I've achieved. Also the pro or armature may benefit from what I've experienced.
Through the year before I remodeled my HT , I had watched Screen Innovation Youth-tube videos and visited their sites numerous time and even signed up to their Webinar to gain their knowledge and observed their effort to enhance entertainment industries, best of all was when SI teamed up with Panamorph to demo their best gears could do with the hi-end or entry level projectors and their new lines of products. I salute to their contributions.

With all this fancy and glamorous demo, I noticed they only targeted and relied on the dealers to promote their products to the wealthy one with lots of room space at home and cash to show off. While the averages folks now are either downsizing or still living in smaller dwellings and have extra cash to spend would only can get what the dealers would offer. Unfortunately, most of them buy the big flat monitors and worst of all some end up to watch tv or movies with smart phone or tablets. No wonder, IMO recently Hollywood likes more 3D productions so the generation with handheld devices cannot get any freebies soon yet . Hollywood is taking notes as people are watching smaller and smaller screens.
As we noticed locally the big box video center or fancy boutique video stores all have separated rooms or cubicles to demo their gears. Few has mixed display but most of big box video outlet has their projector just hung there and collecting dust and the screen looked nonexistent. For those have proper projection set-up are usually 16:9 and with modern and fancy expensive audio gears. As they expect most of the customers who can afford their system can watch TV and movies all on one screen. Just when I asked what the black bars on screen and what make the ultra-wide better than 16:9, few sellers could give an reasonable answer, some even ever seen one at home yet. Mind what they know about anamorphic len can do.

Just that, it indicate me the projector and screen dealers haven't done enough PR yet and no wonder lots of customers don't know what they want and need to have better entertainment for less. My guess of the recent SI and Panamorph first ever public webinars was for one that reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IMHO the consumers need more info and education so they can have the right choices.
True, it's easy to show off on line and videos on youth-tube, however without the face to face friendly advice or real time display, the public still has no clues about the benefit to enjoy bigger screen for less. Like recently, I invited a local video big box store manager to comment my DIY project, after a short presentation how and why watch videos on ultra wide screen has lot more benefits than widescreen TVs and 16:9 projection. He is so impressed that he told me he learnt more in half a day at my home than he had been in stores for many years because in store most customers care only the cost and no sale persons pay attention to their interest. He also thought I have a very new audio system and found himself so immersed when watching 3d movie with 7.1 track, in fact I told him it's the new oppo bd-103 I bought recently that gave the 12yrs. old 5.1 receiver and stereo another new beginning and best of all I can even use Oppo remote to control the force that sets off the pairs of ClarkSynthesis Platinum transducers and a pair of Silver one which I stalled in my reclining sofa. I think the OPPO dealer and users can take notes here.

The 120" 2.40:1 curved screen is homemade and bungee suspended, so as the av cabinet is recycled from an IKEA wardrobe set. Oh, the carpet is the same old one but was renewed with 3d patterns, my friends are all impressed, if any AVS members interest in how was done, please suggest me where can I post the thread. Also, the wall acoustic panels are DIY by recycling the old materials. More of the project details will be revealed.

For the benefits of dual displays : (the lists can be long so I just make a few points , I think is appropriate to the members)
a. you have choices to see your favourite videos big or small

b. your video games can be more immersive, particularly the 3d games on ultra wide
.
c. you can just watch News on TV or searching music favourite list while on play back without wasting the projector lamp life by showing on the big screen.

d. keep all your audio system in one place, without spending another system just for the TV, as we all know how TV built in speakers sound like.

e. We all hate that black bars on TV as we watch movie, now with a slight push the TV set will give way to the real movie screen. Or there's a solution for those who the money is no subject, 55" curved TV is coming to rid that bars
.
f. for the dealer, they can show the customer how to enjoy the different between an 55" TV and a 100"+ widescreen in real time, rather than tell customers move from cubicle to enclose room to justify themselves. Dealer can make more profit on projection than just selling very competitive tv sets.

g. Now 3D TV has become more popular, if you think watch 3D movies on that 50" or the new 4K TV is good ,till you see that 3d image on that 100" or 120"+ , I believe you might change your mind. As 3d images only look great and alive on widescreen. That's why IMAX is so popular.

h. By seating close and prolong watching TV has known for causing eyes health problems but watching projected images on screen can reduce that risk. So, size does matter when viewing videos
.
i. For someone with only one room to set up the curved ultra wide, instead to choose a fix screen or motorised drop screen, this set up may satisfy their need.

these are the few photos had been posted on the other FYI thread "How to combine TV and curved Screen" and many viewers already have the opportunity to see how it works.


Following is how the retractable TV mount was built.
note : the photos may show the project kind of crude, that's because I keep the 3R ( reduce, reuse & recycle) goal set in my mind


I use thick cardboard as a template. Best of all if you still have the old box that came with it. First, trace out all the openings and the exact location for the screws to mount the TV set .
Put the template in front of the wood panel and raise it at least 1.5" and pencil marks the area need to cut and drill. That you sure the TV set has the clearance as it stands upright.
[IMG ALT=""]
Caution: If the Tv back panel is not flat. Risk of damage to the TV set as tightening the screws .



Your comments or any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Interesting. Except I think having 2 electric screens - one 16:9, one 2.35:1 - is way way less complicated.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
Old 02-07-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CAVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 8,417
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Interesting. Except I think having 2 electric screens - one 16:9, one 2.35:1 - is way way less complicated.
And to make it even less complicated, why even have the 2nd screen?

Our current TV specs are 16:9 or 16 units wide and 9 units high. It was not that long ago when TV was 12:9 or 12 units wide and 9 units high. I am hopeful that some day TV will become 21:9. When I watch YouTube music videos, I am finding at least 50% of new video clips presented in a letterbox format these days. Why? Because the wider aspect of Scope is why cooler than the more boxy shape of TV. It sets a mood that is NOT the same as TV.

20 years ago (wow where did those years go?) music video clips started to be presented in a letterbox 16:9 frame on 4 x 3 TV. TV adds are another thing that have also become W I D E R over the years, but presented in a letterbox format on current TVs to preserve the width.

So who knows what the future holds for the shape of our screens, but I really hope we do move to a 2.37:1 shape in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, TV and movies can live in the same space at the same height with a CIH system. If you feel you need to mask off the sides, then you can either add removable panels or automate with sliding panels (or "gull wing" style masks) or simply add curtains.

In the end, lamps are cheap, projection systems are fun to watch and if the source program is half decent, why would you NOT want to watch everything on the same system system? I don't think I have ever gotten past half the lamp life before changing out the projector on the last three units I've owned.

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
CAVX is offline  
Old 02-09-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,855
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX View Post
And to make it even less complicated, why even have the 2nd screen?

Our current TV specs are 16:9 or 16 units wide and 9 units high. It was not that long ago when TV was 12:9 or 12 units wide and 9 units high. I am hopeful that some day TV will become 21:9. When I watch YouTube music videos, I am finding at least 50% of new video clips presented in a letterbox format these days. Why? Because the wider aspect of Scope is why cooler than the more boxy shape of TV. It sets a mood that is NOT the same as TV.

20 years ago (wow where did those years go?) music video clips started to be presented in a letterbox 16:9 frame on 4 x 3 TV. TV adds are another thing that have also become W I D E R over the years, but presented in a letterbox format on current TVs to preserve the width.

So who knows what the future holds for the shape of our screens, but I really hope we do move to a 2.37:1 shape in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, TV and movies can live in the same space at the same height with a CIH system. If you feel you need to mask off the sides, then you can either add removable panels or automate with sliding panels (or "gull wing" style masks) or simply add curtains.

In the end, lamps are cheap, projection systems are fun to watch and if the source program is half decent, why would you NOT want to watch everything on the same system system? I don't think I have ever gotten past half the lamp life before changing out the projector on the last three units I've owned.
In my case, with electric screens, masking becomes very expensive. It was cheaper to buy two screens. That way I also could get a larger 16:9 picture than I would have with CIH - Avatar looks much more impressive on my 122" diagonal 16:9 screen than is would on my 128" diagonal 2.35:1 screen. Plus, 40% of my Blu rays are 16:9. When I factor in HDTV - 50% of what I watch is 16:9. So, using two screens actually let me optimize both formats !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
kis3dhc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: b.c. canada
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVX View Post
And to make it even less complicated, why even have the 2nd screen?

Our current TV specs are 16:9 or 16 units wide and 9 units high. It was not that long ago when TV was 12:9 or 12 units wide and 9 units high. I am hopeful that some day TV will become 21:9. When I watch YouTube music videos, I am finding at least 50% of new video clips presented in a letterbox format these days. Why? Because the wider aspect of Scope is why cooler than the more boxy shape of TV. It sets a mood that is NOT the same as TV.

20 years ago (wow where did those years go?) music video clips started to be presented in a letterbox 16:9 frame on 4 x 3 TV. TV adds are another thing that have also become W I D E R over the years, but presented in a letterbox format on current TVs to preserve the width.

So who knows what the future holds for the shape of our screens, but I really hope we do move to a 2.37:1 shape in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, TV and movies can live in the same space at the same height with a CIH system. If you feel you need to mask off the sides, then you can either add removable panels or automate with sliding panels (or "gull wing" style masks) or simply add curtains.

In the end, lamps are cheap, projection systems are fun to watch and if the source program is half decent, why would you NOT want to watch everything on the same system system? I don't think I have ever gotten past half the lamp life before changing out the projector on the last three units I've owned.
Mark, it's an honour to see you to chime in this thread that draw my attention back to this old post that I simply forget about it. A quick check the forum front page there's a recent poll about the vote to watch TV on flat or curve display, it seems majority the members in favour the flat displayand prefer the curve for the projection screen such that make me feel I did the right set up a few years ago.

It was almost five years ago, I was still using my 100"16:9 screen as my TV and watching movieswith the four years old Matsu****a projector and I built a remote control mask panel for the widescreen contents so no black bars above and below, however the picture looked a bit smaller, that's why drove me to find how to have a bigger picture and wider display.

After I burnt through about a few of those expensive projector bulbs which cost almost 500bucks each and only last about 2000hrs or less. I decided to upgrade the video system. I was looking for new widescreen and better quality projector but I live in Canada AND this hobby is very expensive .

So I did a lengthy research and luckily came across an article from Zuggosft.com about your discovery of inexpensive way to DIY the A-len and enjoy movies with the scope screen. That inspired me to start a new project, not just only the len and the screen as well the acoustic treatment.The fun was to reuse, recycle and reduce waste. The goal is to max use of the media room I have and thank for the online info and other DIY project in AVS Forum' I came up with the present ideawith dual display, back then the flat TV just started to getting popular.

I chose the 3D TV as I thought there would be more 3D materials coming and eight months later I replaced the old PJ with the new 3D projector and started to build the scope screen which retained the same height of the old 100in 16:9 screen but 30%wider, so I still can watch TV contents or IMAX and standard feature film on the larger screen without any distortion by simply and remotely lift the A-len out of the way with a device that I salvaged parts from an old printer and a broken B&D electric screw driver.

I had searched through a lot of stores to find a TV mount for my purpose and the results were disappointed or discourage. By chance I went back to that article and noticed the A-len can be mounted on a retractable track and why not try the flat TV. Such that gave me the idea to make use of the AV cabinet as a mount and support for the flat panel.

It`s been 3 years now and I still enjoy the system everyday, the TV pictures still look like the first day I got it. For the projector lamp it`s only half way of its service and I still have a spare lamp stand by, it seems going to be for some years before I update to the laser projection.

Last year summer I modified the AV cabinet so the TV support could drop 3 inches to accommodate lowering the screen such that I could able to fit the new Martin Logan EM C-2 on top the screen and the front stage soffit, as I currently have a 11 CH set up and with 4 overhead plus recently installed centre Hi L & R phantom channel to simulate commercial DolbyAtmos theatre set up which I found it helped to make the movie dialogue clearer and more detail during action and loud music that came from the main F & L Ch and the front Hi as well . As I anticipate a new system for HD audio standard format is coming so adopting it will not be that difficult.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	682.4 KB
ID:	542385  
kis3dhc is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off