CineVista vs. UH380 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-19-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering considering a used UH380 vs a new CineVista will come pretty close to each other, in terms of price. Which would you get? I'll be using this with a Pioneer Elite FPJ1/RS2. I know that the UH380 may have ghosting issues, but am wiling to do the mod to realign the rear element. Athough I've heard of people using the 380 with the RS2/FPJ1 and have never seen any of the retroreflective problems ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-21-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Tough one. The CineVista will not have the retro-reflections but will have chromatic aberration, which cannot be corrected with the Pioneer Elite, IIRC. The 380 might have the retroreflection issue but no aberration.

Personally, I would check with Panamorph directly to see how much it would cost to have them do the mod to the 380, and then try and talk the seller down enough to cover it wink.gif

Most people never notice the retroreflection issue, but you are an AVS Forum reader and know what to look for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Industry Consultant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out my new movie!:
post #3 of 4 Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've tried contacting panamorph a few times, but I'd only get one reply and never a follow-up after that. So pretty much given up on them.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Really?!?! I am extremely surprised. PM me and I will make sure you get taken care of. It would be helpful if you can send me the details of who you contacted and when.

Home Theater Industry Consultant

Check out my new movie!:
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page