Scope and the panasonic 8000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is it worth going ultrawide with the panny 8000 using the lens memory feature instead of an A lens? I had the 4000 in our last home on a 106 16:9 screen and loved it. In our new home i was planning on the same with the 8000 but like the idea of scope but do not have an A lens in the budget. Do i loose anything on image sharpness or quality? I am considering a 120 or 130 screen so i do not loose much with the 16:9 format. I have read some good reviews on this but only one really went indepth on this feature.

This will be a dedicated room with total light control. 12 6 wide and 17 4 deep. pj will be about 15 ft back. Front row appx 10 ft from screen.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-27-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 115
An Anamorphic lens is better, more efficient use of the projector's brightness, better pixel density (which can result in improved percieved sharpness).

But you can definitely get good results with lens memory, if a lens isn't in the budget, don't sweat it. FWIW several other better projectors (not necessarily more expensive) offer lens memory now too, like JVCs.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Reply 2.35:1 Constant Image Height Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page