My Radiance XS broke. CIH options - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2016, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My Radiance XS broke. CIH options

I've been using the XS along with a fixed Prismasonic A lens (newest model), shooting onto a 2.35 screen. My projector is a Sony ES95. I use Chromapure to calibrate. I also have a Denon 4311 that I use as a pre-pro for a 9.2 audio system. I use the 4311 as the hub, and output to the XS.

I've been very happy with this set up. Absolutely no desire to "upgrade" to 4k. My screen is 96" wide, and we sit 12' from it. It's hard for me to believe the image could be improved, at least not significantly. Especially when considering the costs for buying all new gear.

All was golden till last night. The XS has apparently lost the processor, and it'll cost me a grand or so to fix it. Or, I can trade it in for a newer model (great lumagen support option).

I've been out of the video game for a couple/three years, and thought I might ask for some input from this forum. I don't know what's available anymore, and it may just be time to start over.

Ideally, a pre-pro that had aspect ratio control would be nice. Then all I'd need would be a new projector. If i did have one complaint, it would be shadow/dark scene details. The new 4k Lumagens are pretty darn expensive, and frankly, I'm not sure if they are worth the money anymore, when considering how good the new projectors are.

Not sure what to do here. I do really like having the ability to hit a button on the remote to instantly go from 16:9, to 1.85, to 2.35..... I'm not a fan of zooming the image.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement