AVS Forum banner

My scope set up is coming along

28K views 234 replies 57 participants last post by  thebland 
#1 ·
The Vistascope screen frame is mounted,a portion of the front modifications are completed. The projection room area for the HT 5000 is coming along with the cut out for the projector shelf.

I will post some pics later.

Art

#155 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H /forum/post/11731893

Okey dokey

Mark

The only reason I'm making all this stink is literally I'd end up with three video processors. I may still have to do it but it just seems as though I have a lot of redundency that I'm paying for. I'd rather have the Anthem do it giving me OSD of setting including volume.

Art

#156 ·
QQQ

They had one working at the display at CEDIA. I believe they will start shipping in October. You can email them and get the detail. It was a very effective unit, very solidly built and no where near the price I thought it would be at...and an elegant solution for EDID problems that can occur when the source is on but not "talking" to the display. Early next year...a matrix switch.

#157 ·
Art,

Try posting to Bob Pariseau on the Anthem thread...he is pretty knowledgeable about all things Anthem.

#159 ·
Incredible meet at my place and IU got to show off my scope set up to just short of seventy AVScience forum guests.

Here is a pic of some of the folks (not including Angela and me) who made it possible an made the day.

Left to right Mark Seaton the engineer who built my speakers and set up my audio,my daughter Stephanie,Ken Whitcomb the man behind the video,Jamie the Bartender,Chris Collins who set up a lot of the systems to integrate and supplied the moral support to get thing done,my daughter Salina, Nicole Adler one of my staff and a great help at the meet.

Art

#163 ·
Holy ****!!!

#165 ·
So wish I could have experienced that JUST WOW. Well maybe next year. Looks great enjoy your new setup buddy.

Nate

#170 ·

Must have been pretty exciting. That guy is playing with his nipple!

Actually, the guy behind him must also be excited as he too is fondling the neeple.

#171 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/11773163

Incredible meet at my place and IU got to show off my scope set up to just short of seventy AVScience forum guests.

Here is a pic of some of the folks (not including Angela and me) who made it possible an made the day.

Left to right Mark Seaton the engineer who built my speakers and set up my audio,my daughter Stephanie,Ken Whitcomb the man behind the video,Jamie the Bartender,Chris Collins who set up a lot of the systems to integrate and supplied the moral support to get thing done,my daughter Salina, Nicole Adler one of my staff and a great help at the meet.

Art

Let me go on record by saying Art's daughter's are HOTTTT!!!!

Sorry

#172 ·

BarbaraStreisand;11800764 Must have been pretty exciting. That guy is playing with his nipple! [IMG said:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]

Actually, the guy behind him must also be excited as he too is fondling the neeple.

They're actually checking their pacemakers are still functioning after the last bass transient.

Seriously though, fantastic setup. Obviously a large room given the number of people in there. Wish I had that space but will do what I can with the 17x24.5x7.5ft I do have.

Art, do you or any of the other guys here use a small lcd monitor to do menu adjustments etc...? (instead of firing up the projector to adjust the speaker level for example) I've been looking for one but haven't actually been able to find a small one with svideo input (6 to 10 inches in screen size). Found a couple of computer lcds 15-19 inches which may have to do but just wondering if anyone has found the smaller ones?

#176 ·
WOW ...I can totally appreciate the time and effort that went into this project!!

What sitting distance do you find best for this size of screen. I am sure they are all great but there must be a preference.

Eight 15 inch enclosed subs must really add to the experience. Have you measured how low your room can go?

Congrats

Joey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.