Originally Posted by albrigsr
Specs on the Gamenamics Costco Shuffleboard from their website:
- 2 thick play-field with maple wood veneer for durability and long life
- Maple wood veneer play-field has a polymer finish that never requires resurfacing and is the same quality used by the professionals for tournament play
- Top rails and round corners are constructed with solid wood providing a high end look and feel
- Cradle cabinet is made with premium oak veneers providing an exquisite look and durability
- Inner layer of cradle cabinet is lined with premium carpet for professional look and performance
- Square legs are constructed with solid wood for extra strength and durability
- 6 diameter adjustable leg levelers are made with cast metal providing additional stability and an even play-field
- Easy to read and easy to operate electronic overhead scoreboard is visible from both sides with 2 colors (red and green) of 3 LED numbers, provides for accurate two-player scoring
- Overhead scoreboard housing is constructed of wood and supported with a decorative powder coated steel pole providing a long-lasting traditional classic look
- Includes 8 pucks (4-red, 4-blue) and wax powder
- Overall Dimensions: 144L x 24.5W x 34H (without scoreboard) / 78H with scoreboard
I'm sure this table will work fine for you. I don't know what the cost is so I don't know if it's a good deal or not.
But my guess is it should be a bit under the $1K range??
Reasons why is:
it's probably a 15" wide play surface, I would prefer a 20" play surface as it gives you more playing options.
the play field is made from wood veneer, I don't know what's inside it, but my guess is MDF board with Maple veneer top. This is the biggest factor on guessing this table cost less than most that use some sort of solid wood construction here.
Veneer is very thin stuff, so...
Polymer coat is a good thing, but keep in mind there are different qualities of polymer top. cheaper qualites can chip on you if you're not careful with it.
Electronic Scoreboard is a nice add on.
Cradle and cab is veneer, which is ok, but that's another reason for lower costing.
But if it looks good for you and plays smooth and level, why not