Newbie needs some advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to start a game room and I was looking at Family Guy Pinball and Golden Tee 09 Unplugged. I live in CA and the only dealers i have been looking at were Bmigaming and Monkeyarcade. Has anyone dealt with these compaines? Can anyone recommend anyone else? This is an expensive purchase, so I am trying to get as much info as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Don't pay retail for anything. For pinball look on Mrpinball.com and go to the want ads. For either you can look on ebay or Craigslist. For Golden Tee post on the forum here...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...topics?lnk=srg
post #3 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree with tidalwave - DO NOT go into one of those Home Game Room showrooms and buy anything unless you just have too much money and have nothing better to do with it than toss it away.

Couple of examples
We bought our Twilight Zone from a local Operator off route for $1900.00. The local "Home Game Room" is asking $4500.00 for theirs.

We paid $500.00 for our Fish Tales pin out of a guys garage. The local store recently found some fool that gave them $3495.00 for theirs.

We had a weak moment and paid $3000.00 for our Monster Bash pin and that place wants $5200.00 for one just like it.

Yeah, CraigsList, call local Operators about games they have on location - go anywhere EXCEPT to that nearby retail Game Room store.
post #4 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay View Post

I agree with tidalwave - DO NOT go into one of those Home Game Room showrooms and buy anything unless you just have too much money and have nothing better to do with it than toss it away.

Couple of examples
We bought our Twilight Zone from a local Operator off route for $1900.00. The local "Home Game Room" is asking $4500.00 for theirs.

We paid $500.00 for our Fish Tales pin out of a guys garage. The local store recently found some fool that gave them $3495.00 for theirs.

We had a weak moment and paid $3000.00 for our Monster Bash pin and that place wants $5200.00 for one just like it.

Yeah, CraigsList, call local Operators about games they have on location - go anywhere EXCEPT to that nearby retail Game Room store.

If your machines are even just in OK condition you paid less than market for even the MB. Book is $4000 + on that game.

Also check; rec.games.pinball for a machine near you.
PS; Family Guy is one of the best new Sterns out there. You can also reprogram it to sound like Shrek.
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page