Megatouch Vibe - Are they fun? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm getting involved in a game trade that will result in my giving up one of our four pins - Fish Tales - in exchange for a Megatouch Vibe bartop machine running 2007.5 software/game load.

Since my bride and I are not playing our pins much these days our grown sons tell us that a Vibe could get us re-energized into play in our game area.

I was wondering if anyone here has owned a Megatouch Vibe and, if so, what their thoughts are re it being a long term "keeper".

Frankly, it sounds like a fun thing to have and with about 140 different games sounds like it could be interesting for quite a while and since we're not playing our games much anyway the trade is probably a good idea but we'd love to hear from people who have actually played one.

My bride and I live in a rural area and don't go out much and have to confess we've never seen a Megatouch.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-25-2009, 11:05 PM

I have a newer version of the Vibe and it's great fun. My wife, kids, friends and I all enjoy it as there is something for everyone with a touchscreen like Merit, JVL, etc. I actually have a JVL touchscreen as well. Fairly similar types of games on all of them. We have 2 pins and the touchscreens probably get a bit more play. The Golden Tee gets the most though!
post #3 of 4 Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 PM

My advice is steer clear! I used to sell megatouches on my website and they are not the best machines out there in all honesty. Something like a JVL Vortex is a much better peice of kit. http://www.homeleisuredirect.com/arc...ro_arcade.html

In the UK the MT are really expensive for what is a very cheap piece of software. The JVL Votex however - These machines are fantastic and built to an incredibably high standard though I am not sure if they are available yet in the USA (Where I am assuming you are from).

Fishtales is a brilliant Pin, one I would love to own. I know what you mean about having the time to play. We go and fits and spurts in this house with our pin playing. We have Medieval Madness, Addams Family, Cirqus Voltaire and Monster Bash. Some times we play on them every day and other times they might sit there for a week or two and collect dust but boy are they somthing beautiful to look at and a damned site more so that a plastic, cheap looking Megatouch IMO.

But then again I see pins as works of art - but I am a pinhead!
post #4 of 4 Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM

That megatouch will depreciate like a car. Unless you don't care about money or fair trades, I'd keep Fish Tales or just sell it outright. That touch game will be worth half as much next year, your pin will be worth just as much or more than it does now.
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page