New Game Room, and Virtaul Pinball Dreampin! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is a video showing of my game room, and the new pinball i created called Dreampin.

Heres the first Video, without the pinballs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUytOsoiqo0

Second Video with them, and the Virtual pinball machine i called Dreampin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51W9...eature=channel

EQRoxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM

pretty sick! I wouldn't leave that room
post #3 of 7 Old 09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Just my opinion, not even the slick package called UltraPin is "pinball". No matter what or how many you've tossed back if a Real ball ain't rolling around on a real commercial pin playfield it AIN'T even close to pinball.

You know that - you pic shows a few older but "real" pin games in your room.

LOL and no offense but while you can create a lot of virtual games if it's on a screen it just isn't a pin!!

Nice room.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 PM

WOW man your room is sick
post #5 of 7 Old 09-29-2009, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay View Post

Just my opinion, not even the slick package called UltraPin is "pinball". No matter what or how many you've tossed back if a Real ball ain't rolling around on a real commercial pin playfield it AIN'T even close to pinball.

LOL and no offense but while you can create a lot of virtual games if it's on a screen it just isn't a pin!!

Nice room.

In the same regard I guess playing Madden on your X-box isn't the same as playing football... Doesn't make it any less fun or "Real" to the people playing it.

And the only difference between my virtual pinball and the real deal, is the failure rate. I don't have to take this one apart every few months to order a new spring or change a leaf switch.

It has nudge, tilt, feedback, and a little luck or skill to get good at it. I'm sorry that you feel that since it's a virtual machine it isn't "Real" So I guess in the same regard you shouldn't take this message to heart when i tell you, your just a dumb ass! Because this is a virtual messaging board, and since its not taped to your forehead,( at least I hope not) it isn't "Real"

Best Regards

EQRoxxx
post #6 of 7 Old 09-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

EQRoxxx... don't take too much offense to die hard pinheads, I understand their point of view and all though I'd rather play the 'real' thing, there is no way anyone short of Tim Arnold will be able to own or house that many pins in one place. I think you did an excellent job of your dreampin and I believe it would have a place in a lot of people's game room. I know I'm one of those people. If I only had room for 3 or 4 pins I'd make that one of them so I had access to hundred's more.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-30-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay View Post

Nice room.

TOTALLY Agree with you man. I played on the Ultrapin about 3 years ago when it came to the UK at the Pinball UK Show and it was a really poor emulator. There is nothing quite the the GUDUNK of the flippers and the meaty feel of the ball hitting them at speed.

Either way it's still crazy-awsesome that you made your own. Perhaps you should market them? Those things are damned expensive over here. (Something like £6000) And I thought my Medieval Madness was expensive. :-/
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page