Hacking (sort of) My Ultracade ... Need Help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently bought an Ultracade machine from an arcade store going out of business. The 86 games on it were okay but I want more and I had a MAME machine lined up to buy but the dude sold it to someone else ... I will stop there since that is still a touchy subject.

Anyway, I have researched a lot about the ultracade and I see that Foley is in legal trouble, games are hard to find, the Joshua system is tough to hack, etc. This morning I found on another site some info about a guy adding a hard drive selector so his unit could run either the arcade legends or mame. I would like to do this but I need help. The forum a found this topic didn't have enough information on the directions for me to do it on my own. I came across this site when I first bought my machine and I noticed there are members here that are familiar with ultracade and you also got me in contact with socajr from Ebay for more games. Well if someone understands this machine well enough to help me, I sure would appreciate your help. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 AM

the easiest way to dual boot is to install a 2nd hard drive, and use XOSL boot manager to boot between the Windows HDD and the UltraCade HDD. The buttons on the USBlinx can be used to move the selection and choose it so you aren't required to have a keyboard or mouse to choose at boot time.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-25-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. I will have to research what you said . . . newbie here!
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page