Anyone have a (replica) Vintage Gas Pump? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am considering getting a reproduction of a vintage (1950's) gas pump for my basement. Does anyone have one of these? Seems like a decent variety are available on the web. I think it would be a cool addition to the decor of the space.

Did a search but nothing came up here on AVS.

Thanks.

The
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Build Thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Project Photo Archive.

Todays Tip: Nothing good has ever come from the phrase "Here, hold my beer while I try this."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I don't have one, but a local store has a few. They were asking $6,000 for one of them! I couldn't believe how much they sold for. I thought he had it on ebay but I couldn't find it when I searched.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 613
My neighbor has one in his 50s basement. He has it next to one of those sofas that looks like the rear of a car.

PROJECTS:

post #4 of 7 Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM

post #5 of 7 Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been thinking about getting one, but those $1000+ prices are kinda hefty for something that's basically just decor. This place has a variety of styles, sizes and prices in the below $400 range, but they're made of steel, so they should be sturdy. I have purchased a couple of other items from them in the past and received good service, but I can't speak for the gas pumps, so I'm not specifically endorsing them. But they do offer an option on the less expensive side if you're looking for decor rather than actual full-size replicas.

http://www.pedalcarsandretro.com/Gas...-p-1-c-35.html
post #6 of 7 Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still considering it highly. I am also tossing around the idea of having one of these made. My Father own a 1958 corvette when I was growing up and have missed it ever since.

Might have to appeal to the Ministry of Household Finance to get this approved .

The
Build Thread.

Project Photo Archive.

Todays Tip: Nothing good has ever come from the phrase "Here, hold my beer while I try this."
post #7 of 7 Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
i want this badly now

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page