game room media install - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
okay, this is my first time here.....need a little help on wiring installation. The basic setup is 1 direct TV sat, 1 OTA antenna. There will only be one receiver in the room(i know...cheap but I already have 3 in my main house). Can anyoune direct me on how to achieve this setup I have in mind.

I will want to be able to connect all three TV's to both Sat and OTA via splitters and diplexers. (ie. be able to watch SUNDAY TICKET on the main TV and OTA(network games) on the other two sets. But at certain times be able to watch all three TV's through my reciver for major events(superbowl, NBA finals, etc. All TV's are HD ready. There will also be the surround sound issue which I will have connected to the Satellite reciever.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Get a distribution amp (hdmi, component, etc) and run the feed out of the directv box to that and then to the 3 tv's. For the ota feed, just put a splitter on it after the antenna and run a separate coax to each tv.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-2010, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

thanks B...

Here is the fix my friend Benny put togethter.

"After reading the reviews on this one (same one I just sent) I don't know why you would go with anything else. It's perfect:

monopriceDOTcom - 1x4 pro series powered HDMI splitter (2x4 would be ideal for the PS3 also but at $100 teo is do-able)

It does all the audio, and all the reviews have been golden. People explicitly say that they've been using it so they don't have to buy another DirectTV box."

-Benny

From everything I've read it'll be the end all to my question. At the moment there is only one TV so when I get it all completed I'll give an update on how it went.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
interesting

Current Projects:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #5 of 5 Old 04-10-2010, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

TV is nice - got a 17in on the bar in our game room. What games do you have in the "game room"?
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page