AVS Forum banner

PoolTables.com reviews?

12K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Tom899 
#1 ·
Has anyone here or anyone you know purchased a Pool Table from Pooltables.com? Getting ready to purchase a Table, and I have researched reviews, but there are few and far between.

There is one extremely negative review, but it sounds like it was more a bad installation than the product itself.

I guess these are manufactured in China, but are 100% solid wood and are nice looking tables for the money.

There are always a ton of Tables on Craigslist, but never one that suits my taste or needs, thus why I want to buy new and not break the bank.

Or if you know of any other good online dealers that are affordable, please let me know. Thanks.

#2 ·
Personally I would keep an eye on craiglist. I waited a year for mine but so happy I did. I got a solid maple gandy table for $500 that he paid $5500 for when new. I then paid $400 to move and set it up so $900 invested total. It was exactly what I wanted and couldn't be more happy with it.

Just did a quick glance of that site and it seems like the tables are $1,500-$2000. A few local stores sells tables for the same price and they look nice too. Have you looked around locally?

#3 ·
Yes, I figured I would give the local places a chance to compete, but anything that I liked was way too pricey, and then there is the sales tax and it makes it not even close.Not sure how these local companies can stay in business.

I actually did end up finding one last night on CL, offered them $700 and they accepted. Guess its 100% wood with a cherry finish and 3 piece slate. Cost them roughly $2500 + new.

I found an installer who does it for a local company and he is going to install it and completely re-felt it for me for $350, so with the new felt it will end up being around $1250 range. All in all, I would say it turned out ok.

Shortly, I will start a thread and post pics of my Hockey/Football themed Rec room/sports Bar that this is going in. Been working on it on and off for the past 3 Years, and its finally getting close to the end. Unfortunately, my Daughter broke my digital camera awhile back so I havnt been able to do the progression pictures allot of folks seem to like perusing. Glad its almost over, been going for the past 2 months and getting tired of it, especially drywall dust.

#4 ·
Im in the home stretch of my basement too. Theater room is 99% done. Just waiting on carpet for the rest of the basement and a few small spots to touch up on paint. I put a super chexx and super kixx in my basement and I had to remove the door jams upstairs to get it through. It's worth it though!

#5 ·
lol. I had a brand new Super Chexx in my living room for a couple years..Good thing the Wife tolerates me. Unfortunately the room is only 400 sq ft, so I am unable to put in more than one pinball machine.

Its going to be tight, but hopefully cozy and enough variety for people to enjoy.

The Bar takes up allot of the space, as well as the half bath/powder room, and I bought allot of stuff used on CL, Cabinets, Granite, Bar top etc and had to build around what I had.

All I can have is the Pool Table, Wurlitzer jukebox I bought last week..(love it!) Super Chexx, one pinball, and I will eventually get a newer model megatouch. That should be enough for people to find something to enjoy, as not everyone can play Pool or cares about superchexx.Pinball anyone can play, megatouch anyone can play, and the jukebox should go over well.Just need to learn how to mix drinks.

Wish I had room for a couple more pinball and shuffle board. Not sure where the fireplace is going to go now

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushhead /forum/post/18456769

lol. I had a brand new Super Chexx in my living room for a couple years..Good thing the Wife tolerates me. Unfortunately the room is only 400 sq ft, so I am unable to put in more than one pinball machine.

Its going to be tight, but hopefully cozy and enough variety for people to enjoy.

The Bar takes up allot of the space, as well as the half bath/powder room, and I bought allot of stuff used on CL, Cabinets, Granite, Bar top etc and had to build around what I had.

All I can have is the Pool Table, Wurlitzer jukebox I bought last week..(love it!) Super Chexx, one pinball, and I will eventually get a newer model megatouch. That should be enough for people to find something to enjoy, as not everyone can play Pool or cares about superchexx.Pinball anyone can play, megatouch anyone can play, and the jukebox should go over well.Just need to learn how to mix drinks.

Wish I had room for a couple more pinball and shuffle board. Not sure where the fireplace is going to go now

Sounds like we have the same taste. I bought a 2006 megatouch evo and that thing is like crack to anyone that comes over. I have also been looking for a 12'+ shuffle board or a shuffle bowler. I missed out on a bowler last summer for $300 in good condition. Still kicking myself over that. I would really like to have a ball bowler that uses skee balls.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushhead /forum/post/18460693

The guy I bought the Jukebox from is a Pinball hobbyist, and has a 28 ft Ball bowler. I guess its extremely rare and expensive. He let us play a game on it when I went to look at the jukebox. He has a video of it on youtube. I`ll see if I can find it quickly and post a link. yep here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flfLVkU9gSo

That is awesome. I would even be happy with a smaller one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/18462432

i hate you guys
You are really strange.

#10 ·
I sold our last, remaining shuffle alley for $350 to a neighbor. For years, we had two side-by-side and there were great fun but just took up too much room.

Pool tables are also nice to have IF you are a "real" pool player and have room for a 4 1/2 X 9 regulation table - all we could fit in was a 4X8 and we learned that a LOT of people really aren't comfortable playing pool (probably almost as difficult to "really" play as golf).

Megatouch is a nice touch - I've thought about buying one - recently passed on a Megatouch 2007 @ $1,100.

Foosball is good - also takes up space but not NEARLY as much space as a pool table.

We've evolved down to a smaller game area and six pins, one foos, one coin-op dart and one very old baseball arcade machine.

Hope you enjoy the pool table! HINT - shop for good sticks at pawn shops. We sold the pool table three years ago but I've kept several of the nicer sticks as game room wall decorations.

GoodLUck

#11 ·

I recently purchased a table from Pooltables.com. Being that this was the first time I had ever purchased a pool table and not really sure why the huge price differences between tables and manufactuers. I was a little nervous on how cheaply priced the tables were compared to other sites and stores. I've always been a firm believer in "You get what you pay for and if it's cheaply priced than it must be cheaply made". But in this case I must say that is just not the case. Plus I did find the same negative review about the company that others talk about, but it was from years ago. Many people talk about them being a poorly constructed table because it comes from china, but seriously we can barely find anything in our house that wasn't made in china. LOL 

We placed an order for the Arlington table with camel felt, with a custom embroidery done on the bumper. They only charged $60 for the embroidery. I priced basically the same table with the custom embroidery at a local company and it would have been twice the cost. Plus it wasn't going to come with the accessory kit that includes everything you need to play. I also found a negative review about the free kit they give you with the pool table and I must say some people you can never make happy. It's not the fanciest cue stand but seriously it was free and in my opinion is still very nice. It's solid wood matched the pool table and does the job. It came with 2 cues, 1 bridge, 2 brushes, balls, cover, chalk to match the felt, 8 ball rack and 9 ball rack. 

The table itself was solid wood and very good quality. The slate was 1" thick and needed absolutely no shims to be completely level. The bumpers work very well and the pockets are very nice. All in all I really can't see how anyone would say these tables are not high quality. I would love for someone to justify why their table cost 2-3 times more. I would also like for them to explain what makes their table any better than mine, quality wise!

Within 2 weeks the table was delivered to my house by fedex. It came in several boxes and was easy to unload in my garage. I called the installer assigned to do my installation that same day and they scheduled me within 2 days. The installers were right on time, very professional and were very knowledgeable about the installation process. They had the table together in 1 1/2 hours and we were playing pool!

I would recommend pool tables.com to anyone that would like a quality table for an excellent price.

#12 ·
I came very close to getting a table from pooltables.com last year but ended up going on craigslist for a 2 year old Olehausen table that came with 8 sticks, 2 sets of balls, accessories + 2 spectator chairs for $1,000 and another $400 to move and refelt it.

I am sure that I would have been satisfied with the pooltables.com table but I think I got more for my buck by buying used and Olehausen has a great reputation from experienced players and the Accu Fast rails will last forever.

#13 ·
Has there been any forum members that have recently bought a table from PoolTables.com? I want to stay between $2000 and $3000 for a new table. I'm trying to understand if I should buy a entry level Brunswick or one of these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.