Shuffleboard Table Project... Need to cut it in HALF to get out of Basement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright, I know this is blasphemy, but my parents are selling their house at the same time that I am buying one. They have an old shuffleboard table that is 22 feet long and MUST have been installed as the house was built, because it won't fit out any door and won't fit out the window wells. (even if you take it apart and try to slide the board section out on it's own). Angle of the window well won't allow for the length of the table to slide. Geometry doesn't work.

So, here is my deal. I want this sucker in my house but can't think of any other way to get it over there other than to saw it in half, have it moved and put back together in my basement.
Thoughts? Strategy? techniques?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 02:21 PM

Pictures would help. Anyway to take it up through the floor. If you have carpet upstairs you could pull back the carpet cut an opening in the subfloor then replace. I doubt someone installed it when the house was built, maybe built in the basement later.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

That, my friend, is a pretty great idea. I could do that in the bedroom of my parents house and slip it right outside a sliding glass door.
Need to talk to a good carpet guy though, i guess right? will the carpet be able to be relaid without damaging it? Would need to clear this with the folks too.....

Now. Getting it IN the basement of my house is a different story if it is intact.... carpet isn't down yet and there just might be a door and subfloor that I could slide it right in. PRoblem is that the floor joists run the wrong way in my house... hmmmm........
Seems WAY easier than cutting it in half and re attaching it.....
post #4 of 7 Old 10-03-2010, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
damn wish i had room for a 22ft shuffleboard table

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #5 of 7 Old 10-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Take it out through the basement window. Remove the well liner, and you won't have to dig out much dirt to give you the angle needed to remove it.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

I saw a 22ft shuffleboard table pop up on craigslist for $500 and I want it so bad. If I had the room I would buy it and pull out a glass block window and get it in that way. Cutting it in 1/2 is an idea, but the problem is now reattaching it. Are there climate adjusters on the table? The wood is going to move around a bit, so it seems like the seam would keep coming apart. Would you be able to get it out if the table were 17ft instead? I would rather cut it at that spot, so if you could get it back together you could at least have a 17ft table (or longer if possible).
post #7 of 7 Old 01-14-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchccc View Post

That, my friend, is a pretty great idea. I could do that in the bedroom of my parents house and slip it right outside a sliding glass door.
Need to talk to a good carpet guy though, i guess right? will the carpet be able to be relaid without damaging it? Would need to clear this with the folks too.....

Now. Getting it IN the basement of my house is a different story if it is intact.... carpet isn't down yet and there just might be a door and subfloor that I could slide it right in. PRoblem is that the floor joists run the wrong way in my house... hmmmm........
Seems WAY easier than cutting it in half and re attaching it.....

It probably was put in through a window, take the climate adjusters off & slide through a window. I have take some out of some very small spots. We had to even put it an an angle from floor to window. If you need any supply's visit here http://www.mccluretables.com/c-5-supplies.aspx
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page