hdmi-cat-5e/6 or hdmi-spf convertors.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
not sure if this goes here or not, with the amount of people using hdmi-cat5e/6 convertors I was wondering if anyone has come out with a rack solution for networking media convertors within a context of using lan based equipment as the aggregation point to supplying 1 or more hdmi sources throughout the home..

I was also wondering hdmi-spf variant media convertor to do the same thing with it as the cat-5e/6 options .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_sniper28 View Post

not sure if this goes here or not, with the amount of people using hdmi-cat5e/6 convertors I was wondering if anyone has come out with a rack solution for networking media convertors within a context of using lan based equipment as the aggregation point to supplying 1 or more hdmi sources throughout the home..

Now that's a sentence!

Can't tell what you mean exactly, but it probably belongs in the "Home A/V Distribution" forum.

If you're asking for an IP-based (Ethernet) distribution system for HDMI, yes, there are a few. JustAddPower for example. But the vast majority of HDMI-over-cat5 devices are point-to-point dedicated links and are NOT Ethernet-based. They just share a common cable type.

If you're asking about rack-mounted solutions for lots of baluns, I haven't seen any specifically, although "lots of baluns" is usually replaced with an HDMI matrix switch, which are obviously rack-mountable. And there are many switches with HDMI-over-cat5 built-in. Best of breed will be the new HDBaseT solutions from Atlona and hopefully others in the near future...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page