My home audio/ pc gaming setup. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well guys here is my setup for the audio department.

Reciever: JVC RX-6008v

Subwoofer Amplifier: Kenwood KM-106 (Running 2 channels each at 4 ohms putting out about 200 rms per channel so 400 total to the sub)

Subwoofer Crossover/Phase Controller: SVS SVS101 Active Subsonic Filter (Set to 15 hz on the SSF and it has output level control and phase control)

Main Speakers: Phoenix Gold Ryval 6x9's

Subwoofer: Cerwin Vega Vmax 15" D4 with a PSI Audio Recone (2.5" Copper Coil and 1 soft 8" spider)

Subwoofer Enclosure: 5 Cubic ft net with 3 4" aeroports. 3 variable tunings of 32 hz with all aeroports unplugged, 26 hz with 1 plugged, and 19 hz with 2 plugged. (Usually 1 plugged for watching movies,music, and gaming works like a champ but 32 hz when I wanna get obnoxious on music oh and the enclosure is underneath my captains bed for a stealth look wink.gif )

My thoughts on the audio setup: This thing is just pure ridiculous on games and on music... With a 15" sub and 400 watts cranking to it the whole house literally shakes like crazy when I crank it up... And the sound quality is very very nice for a 2.1 setup in the house. Some will say a 15" in the house is overkill but not when you are a basshead biggrin.gif

Now for the PC gaming setup:

Monitor: Dell e177fp 17" monitor 1280x1024 resolution. (Soon to upgrade to a nice 1920x1080 resolution monitor)

Motherboard: Intel DP45SG

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 ghz per core stock)

Video Card: PNY Geforce 9600gt 512mb (Soon to upgrade when I get the new monitor)

Ram: 4gb of 1066 DDR3 Ram

Optical Drive: LG DVD-RW Drive

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 320gb

Power Supply: 500 watt Crosair Power supply.

My thoughts on the gaming setup: Not bad I can play graphic intensive games such as crysis of BF3 in high or medium settings with AA and AF off and get 30-35 FPS. Will soon upgrade to something like a Radeon HD 7850 and a 24 monitor soon.

This about sums it up guys. Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not liking the monitor on receiver setup at all. Looks really in the way.
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page