Pool table for a dinning room table suggestions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wanted to see if anybody did something like this. We just moved into a new place and unfortunately the basement where the theater is is not large enough for the 8' table I already have. The better half has given the go ahead to put it up in the dinning room as long as I can figure a way to convert it into a table for like the 3 times a year that we would use a dinning room table. The table is centered in the room, which is 16' x 10.5' Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-14-2013, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 350
You can get a table topper for the pool table, but I'll warn you that the height of the table and the clearance underneath may make this uncomfortable and/or impractical...

I'd try setting a chair you intend to use as a dining chair at the table and sit on it - see if you can get anywhere close to the table as you sit. The toppers can extend a few inches out from the table, but YMMV.

Here's an example (just do a search for "billiard table dining topper"):

http://www.billiardwholesale.net/p151/Dining-Conversion-Top/product_info.html

They can get really pricey, too!

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just recently replaced our dining room table with a nice 8 foot Brunswick table.
There is a nice foam insert that can be placed in the table surface ( costs around 175.00) and then covered with a nice thick leatherette cover .. Works Great we use it every day as our main table without issues.. the pockets you just have to be wary of as they will be a shallow spot but hey it works great

Other options for more money are ..
Brunswick makes a 2-3 piece hardwood top for around 1000.00 , A solid piece of tempered glass with some runners to support it over the middel of the table.
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page