Connecting Wii to projector system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-14-2013, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at connecting my Wii up to the video projection system however I have one small problem. I'm running the VGA cables from the Wii to a switch plate cover where is attaches to regular VGA cables that run in the wall and in the atic back to another plate cover above the projector. The issue I'm having is that the projector itself only has one set of standard red/white/yellow VGA inputs. I have been looking online for splitter but they all are the audio white and red (yes I know they are all the same cable). I have seen a few video ones but people are saying that the split picture wont have color and be in black or white. Any one have any ideas what I could use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-17-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

No one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #3 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
If you are trying to connect composite video and stereo audio out of a Wii using an HD15 VGA pathway normally intended for computers, you will need the appropriate break out cables at each end. Typically these have an HD15 VGA connector on one end and a fan out of 5 video cables, usually terminated with BNC connectors. These are often used for projectors needing separate Red Green, Blue and horizontal and vertical sync, but there is no reason you can't use one for composite video and two channel of analog audio. Use one of these on each end, (you will have to unplug the VGA connector from the projector and insert the breakout cable, there isn't any way to have both connected simultaneously without installing a distribution amplifier at the projector.) and pick three colors of the fan out to use. I think your use of VGA as an abbreviation for the yellow, white red cable coming from your Wii is confusing people, unless you have some sort of aftermarket dongle or scan convertor you haven't shared with us.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #4 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry I meant RCA not VGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
post #5 of 7 Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Check out Monoprice. They have all kinds of cables and adapters that might work. Just type in "Wii" in the search box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 32
are you trying to connect two or more composite video sources to the one composite video input of the projector or are you connecting the Wii to another TV and the projector at the same time? One involves a switch, the other a distribution amp.

underachiever extraordinaire
post #7 of 7 Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 42
It would be really easy if you had an AVR to do all the switching. And an AVR that can transcode the composite to HDMI OUT to the projector. For me, it was worth it to buy a $5 component cable for the Wii, making it 480P instead of the composite 480i.........I can run even a Sega Genisis with the optional composite cable and play on the big screen!!! biggrin.gif

Terrence
"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?...."No, have you?" -ALIENS

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page