DIY: Building A 17' Shuffleboard Table - Out Of Steel.. ..... - AVS Forum
Game Room Equipment & Accessories > DIY: Building A 17' Shuffleboard Table - Out Of Steel.. .....
Hamermaster's Avatar Hamermaster 09:08 AM 04-07-2014

Nephew has been wanting one for a couple of years but wanted something a little different.  He found the wood and I volunteered to build the cradle, legs, etc.

I'm not a woodworker so I decided to build the cradle and legs out of steel.  Here are a few build pics:

The board is old bowling alley wood and is located at my nephew's place in Denver and I'm in Phoenix.  My nephew is working on layering the finish right now. I have finished the steel cradle and legs and they are at the powder coater right now.  Plan on driving up to Denver over Easter to put it all together, install the plywood base, carpet, etc.

I'll put together a side show of the build and completion if anyone is interested.

Hamermaster's Avatar Hamermaster 11:34 AM 04-22-2014

Finally got it done, shipped to Denver and set up.  I think it turned out great.

Nephew has to pipe the carpet edges and get his lights but the hard work is done.

Here is a slide show presentation if you're interested;

http://s115.photobucket.com/user/1hackman/slideshow/DIY%20Steel%20Shuffleboard%20Table

Hamermaster's Avatar Hamermaster 11:37 AM 04-22-2014

Tedd's Avatar Tedd 12:01 PM 04-22-2014
Very impressive! smile.gif
dmbandtimmy's Avatar dmbandtimmy 02:28 PM 07-26-2014
Wow!! This is KILLER!! I wish I was your nephew. I'd ask you to build me one. I have been looking at them, but am having a hard time paying 6k or more. I can get my new pool table, electronic dartboard and a foosball table for around 6k. I think I'm going to hold off on the shuffleboard for a bit. This is amazing!
Hamermaster's Avatar Hamermaster 10:42 AM 07-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Wow!! This is KILLER!! I wish I was your nephew. I'd ask you to build me one. I have been looking at them, but am having a hard time paying 6k or more. I can get my new pool table, electronic dartboard and a foosball table for around 6k. I think I'm going to hold off on the shuffleboard for a bit. This is amazing!
Thanks! He has $500 in steel and parts. Another $350 in sandblast and powder coat and $600 in the board, refinish and carpet. Of course, excludes labor.

If I were to build one for myself, and had the room, I'd build it the same way but to 22' and buy the 22' board from McClure.
Up
Mobile  Desktop