AVS Forum banner

Refrigerator help

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JScarter 
#1 ·

Gents,

Long time lurker here and first time poster :)

My wife and I are in the process of buying a home here in the US and we are new here too (moved from the UK). 

We will need to purchase a refrigerator for our new place and I have been looking online for a counter depth model and we have seen a beautiful Samsung model, but everywhere you look there are lots of reliability problems. 

What is the general consensus here in the US for a good, reliable fridge?

Thanks

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
How much do you want to spend?

Entry level start at about $800 for your standard Frigidaire/Kenmore, etc. All are about the same quality.
Top end up to $10000 or so for a custom Viking, etc.

Honestly, once you get to around $1500 I don't think there is a huge difference.. In the rest of the world, it appears that freezer on the bottom vs. side by side are more popular.

#4 · (Edited)
Before buying a refrigerator make sure that you have compare all the short listed models. There are several of the other Brands too who have good collection of counter depth refrigerators.
GE
General electric have huge collection of refrigerator with the most advance technology of deforest and water filter .
Electrolux
If you are looking for a IQ control touch system refrigerator then non other then electrolux can meet you needs.
Haier
Haier with the most simple design is the most economical refrigerator in the town.

I have just added some information for the future readers; so they can know what other options they have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.