AVS Forum banner

Matching screen scaling? 1080p H - 1440p V

827 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AReed 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 46" 1080p TV (standard horizontal configuration) and a 27" 1440p gaming monitor currently in a vertical orientation (for productivity - it is FIRST robotics season, CAD on main screen and McMaster/MSC on the vertical) to match the physical height of my primary monitor. While the monitors may closely match in physical height they do not scale well pixel-wise. The issue is the dead zones this creates at the top and bottom edges of the vertical screen, once I run out of the middle 1080 lines on the vertical the image keeps going but my ability to slide my mouse back to the main screen hits a wall. It literally hits a screen border at the top and bottom transition edge and it annoys the hell out of me when I make a quick transition from one screen to the next.

I guess the question becomes, short of changing the resolution of the vertical monitor to more closely match 1080 "vertical" lines is there a way to scale the edge transition through Windows/NVidia Drivers such that these dead zones go away?

Ideally I would like to move my mouse horizontally across the shared edge and have it 1:1 across both screens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. Sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum to ask this. EDIT:I'm fairly certain this is the wrong sub-forum, If a mod would like to move this topic that would be great. I feel kind of dumb now. :D

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.