DIY Poker Table - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Home Entertainment & Theater Builder > Game Room Equipment & Accessories > DIY Poker Table

Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Dhcf23's Avatar Dhcf23
10:45 AM Liked: 10
post #121 of 140
12-18-2008 | Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 2008
I've built three tables so far, all of them full felt with folding legs. One of them has cupholders. You can see some pictures of them and the construction here. http://www.threekingsproduction.com/...blephotos.html



I think it had been posted a while back but scottkeen.com/forum is an excellent resource, and yourautotrim.com as well to get supplies. I recommend using a joann fabric store, one of there 50% off coupons, to buy the rail vinyl. Whisper vinyl is my favorite to use.

If you have cupholder questions I'll answer what I can about the my build.
BigJPDC's Avatar BigJPDC
03:29 PM Liked: 13
post #122 of 140
12-18-2008 | Posts: 143
Joined: Oct 2007
dhcf that looks fantastic. I am going back and forth between one with folding legs like that one, and one with more of a furniture look, with a topper for multi purpose use. All fabric racetrack is the way to go for me, but I would like to add an extra layer of wood with a row of nails under the rail. Portable would be good to take outside for cigars and poker by the pool or on the road.

The cupholder question has to do with using the kind that insert in-between the rail and playing surface. I see a lot of positives there in terms of sitting anywhere you want and for more surface area when one or more folks aren't drinking. The only downside to me is that I see more of a chance to knock the drink over because they are freestanding, so I wanted to get more real world experience on them.

I've been lurking on AVS and a couple of poker table forums for a while, never thought to search here until the other day - wouldn't have seen the dinosaur faux leather at YAT without it!

thanks,
jp
whiskey > work's Avatar whiskey > work
09:09 PM Liked: 10
post #123 of 140
01-17-2009 | Posts: 3,985
Joined: Apr 2007
some lights on sale at sears.com

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Name=Game+Room
whiskey > work's Avatar whiskey > work
09:10 PM Liked: 10
post #124 of 140
01-17-2009 | Posts: 3,985
Joined: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

some lights on sale at sears.com

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...Name=Game+Room

edit just saw these are pool table lights. oh well, could be good for poker i guess too
Jive Turkey's Avatar Jive Turkey
10:11 AM Liked: 38
post #125 of 140
01-18-2009 | Posts: 1,596
Joined: Jun 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work View Post

edit just saw these are pool table lights. oh well, could be good for poker i guess too

I've had a four light version hung about 32" or so over my table for years. It's really a great way to light the table as it keeps the direct bulb light out of the players eyes while sitting normally. Looks sharp too. I first came across this setup while playing at the Peppermill Casino in Reno, and knew I wanted it at home. Mine is with green colored shades.
JasonBourne09's Avatar JasonBourne09
09:27 PM Liked: 10
post #126 of 140
01-24-2009 | Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 2009
Hello, looking to buy a poker table but I was looking for something that can be customized..

also, poker guys, if you have any secret texas holdem poker tips and guide that I can add to my blog, please PM me. Thanks!
Jive Turkey's Avatar Jive Turkey
08:10 AM Liked: 38
post #127 of 140
01-25-2009 | Posts: 1,596
Joined: Jun 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne09 View Post

Hello, looking to buy a poker table but I was looking for something that can be customized..

also, poker guys, if you have any secret texas holdem poker tips and guide that I can add to my blog, please PM me. Thanks!

Here's where I had mine made:

http://www.bvpokertables.com/
andy4343's Avatar andy4343
09:03 PM Liked: 10
post #128 of 140
02-22-2009 | Posts: 31
Joined: Apr 2005
I am in the process of finishing my third table and I would also recommend looking at the scottkeen page as well..........you can see my build page at..

http://www.scottkeen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28775



takes a long time to make, but worth it if you have the time........Andy
str1der's Avatar str1der
09:07 PM Liked: 11
post #129 of 140
02-23-2009 | Posts: 483
Joined: Jul 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJPDC View Post

dhcf that looks fantastic. I am going back and forth between one with folding legs like that one, and one with more of a furniture look, with a topper for multi purpose use. All fabric racetrack is the way to go for me, but I would like to add an extra layer of wood with a row of nails under the rail. Portable would be good to take outside for cigars and poker by the pool or on the road.

The cupholder question has to do with using the kind that insert in-between the rail and playing surface. I see a lot of positives there in terms of sitting anywhere you want and for more surface area when one or more folks aren't drinking. The only downside to me is that I see more of a chance to knock the drink over because they are freestanding, so I wanted to get more real world experience on them.

I've been lurking on AVS and a couple of poker table forums for a while, never thought to search here until the other day - wouldn't have seen the dinosaur faux leather at YAT without it!

thanks,
jp

You can always have it both ways like I did. Furniture legs but the ability to fold up.






BigJPDC's Avatar BigJPDC
06:25 AM Liked: 13
post #130 of 140
02-24-2009 | Posts: 143
Joined: Oct 2007
Hey that's pretty cool. I might modify mine someday based on that design.

Mine came out like this:





jp
jimmythehill's Avatar jimmythehill
11:29 AM Liked: 10
post #131 of 140
02-24-2009 | Posts: 5
Joined: Jan 2009
some superb pieces of poker-ness on here!
str1der's Avatar str1der
12:49 PM Liked: 11
post #132 of 140
02-24-2009 | Posts: 483
Joined: Jul 2002
Looks great jp. Basically I was looking for something to up the WAF. Just added 4 of those big glide pads under the feet and I can slide it out of the way very easily.
Shan's Avatar Shan
02:34 AM Liked: 27
post #133 of 140
05-22-2009 | Posts: 658
Joined: Aug 2003
Mine is 99% done. One piece of trim to add around the edge yet, but is is usable now:


FootballDen's Avatar FootballDen
01:26 PM Liked: 10
post #134 of 140
05-23-2009 | Posts: 369
Joined: Aug 2006
I figured I post up pics of mine. Im getting ready to start on my third in a few weeks. Not sure if Im going to d a race track or not. I know its going to have a chip holder tray on it. I need some sort of storage for all the chips
Table #1 Had this airbrushed instead of custom dying. Saved about 400 and its still in great shape.

Table number 2. this one was build out of what amounts to scraps. I love it though. great cash game table. 67 inches across

brainox's Avatar brainox
04:59 PM Liked: 10
post #135 of 140
06-03-2009 | Posts: 30
Joined: Mar 2009
nice tables.. i bet they cost a fortune.. well some are i think hand made.. pretty rewarding...
welll, i can't do my own so i guess i'll try to find a good deal. i've found one already, but im still canvassing Poker tables
jabbra's Avatar jabbra
04:47 PM Liked: 10
post #136 of 140
06-07-2009 | Posts: 14
Joined: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainox View Post

nice tables.. i bet they cost a fortune.. well some are i think hand made.. pretty rewarding...
welll, i can't do my own so i guess i'll try to find a good deal. i've found one already, but im still canvassing Poker tables


visited my friend's workshop/sash factory during the weekend and had him estimated how much is an oval poker table, will cost me about 3-400. are those poker table free shipping?
Killer's Avatar Killer
02:57 PM Liked: 10
post #137 of 140
02-18-2013 | Posts: 325
Joined: Jun 2001
So to add to a really old thread, but one that's still relevant to me at least given I just built my first table.

I love how far behind the trend I am wink.gif

Great tables here and If I played more, I'd do something different. Next table is probably a round one.

Killer
JJSully's Avatar JJSully
11:19 AM Liked: 0
post #138 of 140
01-22-2015 | Posts: 3
Joined: Mar 2014
Old thread but I'll put my $0.02 in any way...great tables!! I was thinking of building one with a Lifetime table as the base where it could just lift on and off for storage.
Texasfinest
09:37 PM Liked: 0
post #139 of 140
02-06-2015 | Posts: 18
Joined: Feb 2015
Looks awesome
SeriousRookie's Avatar SeriousRookie
12:15 PM Liked: 10
post #140 of 140
Today | Posts: 8
Joined: Nov 2008
Getting some awesome ideas from these posts!

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3