Please help, where can I get a relly nice dart board? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2005, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Hey folks. :) I'm puting in a home theater and a game room in my house. My game room will feature a nice 8' pool table and I also want to have a dart game area. Can anyone help me with finding reliable online sites that sell nice dart game equipment. I've never shoped for this kinda stuff online so I have no clue.
Thanks,
Dave

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering if you were planning on installing an electronic dart board or the good old steel dart board. I like the bristle boards and steel darts. I could not believe how poor my children were at doing math. With the bristle board and steel darts you have to add, subtract and multiply. If you decide on steel you can get most supplies at your local sporting goods store like Dunhams or Dicks. Good luck.

Hank
Old 07-12-2005, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_hank
Just wondering if you were planning on installing an electronic dart board or the good old steel dart board. I like the bristle boards and steel darts. I could not believe how poor my children were at doing math. With the bristle board and steel darts you have to add, subtract and multiply. If you decide on steel you can get most supplies at your local sporting goods store like Dunhams or Dicks. Good luck.

Hank
Don't they make ones now that are just like the thick cork ones only they are electronic also? I would actually prefer just the old fashioned kind, but when having a party, and everyone's drinking and such, it'll just be easier for everyone else to use it if they don't actually have to do the math.
Thanks for the reply btw, I thought this thread went into the black hole.:)

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
Old 07-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Old 07-13-2005, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants
Don't they make ones now that are just like the thick cork ones only they are electronic also? I would actually prefer just the old fashioned kind, but when having a party, and everyone's drinking and such, it'll just be easier for everyone else to use it if they don't actually have to do the math.
Thanks for the reply btw, I thought this thread went into the black hole.:)

I'm guessing it's this one (or one like it):
http://www.dartboards.com/cart/shopp...view/key=HX003

"BristleTech" board by Halex.

Looks interesting. I prefer a regular bristleboard and steel tip darts myself. But this one looks playable (it accepts steel tip darts). Hope the electronic scoreboard is protected somehow... I figure if you're too drunk to keep score, you're gonna be too drunk to keep all the darts on the board!

Tried the plastic electronic boards a couple of times, and unless they've made some drastic improvements recently, I'd avoid them. I hate making a nice shot, just to see it bounce off the board. I do that once or twice, then quit.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I found Dartboards.com yesterday and made some purchases. Just went with the old fashioned type bristle board with a nice cabinet. Those new electronic boards still are not good enough for me.
Thanks for all the feedback, advice, and comments though.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...