Bar plans? - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 856 Old 02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Iusteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 3,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Envirotex lists furniture polish as a cleaner if I'm not mistaken

Irish Copper Top Tavern & Theater

Theater Build Version 2.0 LOOK HERE

Cuzed Approved C.C.C. (Certified Column Counselor)

XBOX Live: Zz NiNj4 D4D zZ
Iusteve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 856 Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Used a little furniture polish. Wow...slick now!

I did notice my growler/lamp was putting these tinny dents in the top. You couldn't really seem them, but could feel them. The grower has a ring of ridges along the bottom that are fairly sharp. I removed the lamp and after about two day the dents were gone. So I used double sided tape and attached a coaster to the bottom of the growler. That seems to work fine.

Tho I'm not totally happy with the growler. It is fat and low. I'm thinking of going wine bottle. Or even a beer bomber.
Sdallnct is offline  
post #843 of 856 Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
And now I need a new project for bar....what to do...what to do????
Sdallnct is offline  
post #844 of 856 Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Small project. I put new material on the bar stools. I actually have two slightly different types of bar stools and the fabric was slightly different and was showing age. So found some inexpensive stuff at Hobby Lobby and threw it on. Not thrilled about the floral, but like the color and it was cheap. Plus all chairs now match,

Old,


Old


New


New
Sdallnct is offline  
post #845 of 856 Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Javatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cedar Brook, NJ
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

I do need to read back thru the other thread and see what to use to polish it. Windex scares me...so I'll look.

Superb job on the table! It really turned out awesome. I've been using Windex for years on my Etex bar top without any problems.
Javatime is offline  
post #846 of 856 Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Member
 
malbols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Ontario , Canada
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good to see this thread still going .
Anyone ever had success removing scratches from the ETEX'd surface ?
malbols is offline  
post #847 of 856 Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by malbols View Post

Good to see this thread still going .
Anyone ever had success removing scratches from the ETEX'd surface ?

You can check their web site and Google, but I believe I read where very fine sandpaper will do it. And if needed, you can pour another thin coat.
Sdallnct is offline  
post #848 of 856 Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javatime View Post

Superb job on the table! It really turned out awesome. I've been using Windex for years on my Etex bar top without any problems.

Thanks, I'm very pleased. I could have done a better job. But I'm really happy. Especially since it is pretty close to 3/4" thick!

I've made a new lamp for the table. Since I used so many Fat Tire tops, I made a lamp out of a bomber bottle.



Then up on my bar one of my favorite wines,

Sdallnct is offline  
post #849 of 856 Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Member
 
muffyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Thanks, I'm very pleased. I could have done a better job. But I'm really happy. Especially since it is pretty close to 3/4" thick!

I've made a new lamp for the table. Since I used so many Fat Tire tops, I made a lamp out of a bomber bottle.



there was a recent episode on mancaves where they did a beer top table. it looked like the just pushed down the tops while pouring the finish over it. really weird. I can't imagine doing that .

anyways, Sdallnct you did a very nice job! I had thought about doing something similar many many years ago. (probably before i thought it was possible).. anyone here remember when you could save pepsi caps & turn them in by weight for gifts?? If I didn't run in my box of them, I probably would still have them to do a table (btw, I got a tv for them)
muffyn is offline  
post #850 of 856 Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Sdallnct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post

there was a recent episode on mancaves where they did a beer top table. it looked like the just pushed down the tops while pouring the finish over it. really weird. I can't imagine doing that .

anyways, Sdallnct you did a very nice job! I had thought about doing something similar many many years ago. (probably before i thought it was possible).. anyone here remember when you could save pepsi caps & turn them in by weight for gifts?? If I didn't run in my box of them, I probably would still have them to do a table (btw, I got a tv for them)

Thanks, and the gluing of the caps is an issue. If you look close the top is so clear you can see some of the glue. And on a few caps the glue broke lose and they floated. I was able to push them down.

Assuming your using black paint, I'm thinking something like black grout or black tile set. Put on thick and set the caps in firmly and let set good. This should also help minimize bubbles.
Sdallnct is offline  
post #851 of 856 Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HeyNow^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Martinsburg, Wv USA
Posts: 2,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Thanks, I'm very pleased. I could have done a better job. But I'm really happy. Especially since it is pretty close to 3/4" thick!

I've made a new lamp for the table. Since I used so many Fat Tire tops, I made a lamp out of a bomber bottle.



Then up on my bar one of my favorite wines,


Where the hell is the Like button on this site? Nice job!
HeyNow^ is offline  
post #852 of 856 Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ragedogg69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Figured I would cross post my new build. I would have loved to have a pub style bar like many of you have, but it just wouldn't work for the rest of my gameroom and home.


I recycled the granite from a neighbors home that was throwing it away on bulk trash pick up day. I grabbed the mini fridge from lowes during a dorm room sale for $89. Threw up some RTA cabinets and laid the tile myself.

My DVD Collection
GO CHIEFS, WILDCATS, SUNS, DIAMONDBACKS, COYOTES, RATTLERS, AND LUMBERJACKS!
"Asking if an HDTV is too big, is like me asking you if the diamond on your wedding ring is too big." -- My dad's response to my mom's question about my 65" HDTV.
ragedogg69 is offline  
post #853 of 856 Old 06-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Member
 
69glamboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post

Used a little furniture polish. Wow...slick now!


I did notice my growler/lamp was putting these tinny dents in the top. You couldn't really seem them, but could feel them. The grower has a ring of ridges along the bottom that are fairly sharp. I removed the lamp and after about two day the dents were gone. So I used double sided tape and attached a coaster to the bottom of the growler. That seems to work fine.


Tho I'm not totally happy with the growler. It is fat and low. I'm thinking of going wine bottle. Or even a beer bomber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdallnct View Post


Thanks, I'm very pleased. I could have done a better job. But I'm really happy. Especially since it is pretty close to 3/4" thick!



I've made a new lamp for the table. Since I used so many Fat Tire tops, I made a lamp out of a bomber bottle.





Then up on my bar one of my favorite wines,

Hello Sdallnct.... Love this thread. I searched all over and i can't seem to find the brand of the cherry red stain you used on your bar. It is absolutely stunning. I really like the cap table as well.
69glamboy is offline  
post #854 of 856 Old 10-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Newbie
 
Swampfox63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

What design plan did you use or is this something you did on your own...really looks great...doing something for my theater room in the garage and like your photos.

Swampfox63 is offline  
post #855 of 856 Old 05-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
Javatime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cedar Brook, NJ
Posts: 952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I agree. It's great to see this thread still kickin'
Javatime is offline  
post #856 of 856 Old 06-14-2014, 05:58 AM
Senior Member
 
hltr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Plans

When I was planning my bar I never was able to find one approach that I liked. My build is a mashup of different techniques and approaches I stumbled upon. I think there are enough pics to document the process if you follow my build link, but if anyone has questions I'm happy to assist.
hltr is offline  
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Tags
Basement Bar

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off