Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 316 Old 06-03-2006, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Party Zone is quite old for a modern pin being made in 1991 and probably not a great choice for a first machine if bought on price.

Actually I bought it because it was a very good value. PZ is well rated (8.4+ at IDPB) and enjoyable, but not extremely popular among enthusiasts. It's a perfect starter and I don't mind the maintainance, which I'm starting to learn AND enjoy.

Quote:

You have some good pins listed there. Have you played the Sopranos yet though? I went to try one last year, hoping it would be good but not only is the graphic design lousy, the game play is absolute garbage. I would avoid that machine like the plague frankly.

I've heard the same thing quite a bit and I think I'm taking it off the list. I'm hoping a family guy pinball is released by stern.

Quote:

Beware, if the bug really bites you you could after 10 years, like me, find that you've owned over 25 machines in that time and are still trying to get the 'perfect' collection together! Enjoy your second machine. I can remember when I finally decided to get a second machine, man it was cool. Now I own 8 with another on the way...

I think I've already got the bug! I love the Simpsons PP machine, it's very deep, which is a must for a home game in my book, and it's a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time working on the PZ pinball machine tonight, but it was very gratifying as I'm slowly starting to learn my way around the game!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 316 Old 06-04-2006, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A budy of mine has a pinbot. Played it so much it broke and we cant get it fixed. OH how I loved the pinbot.

------------------------------------
post #93 of 316 Old 06-04-2006, 07:19 PM

I've got a Theatre of Magic. It's currently being shopped out and I think I'm having more fun doing that than playing it

I finally got up the (pin)balls to try flame polishing on the ramps. It's an incredible technique, but you have to be careful. I practiced on a few junk ones first and did the one of the actual ToM ones tonight. It looks *sweet*.

There's a show coming up in NJ in August, and I'm thinking about getting a Haunted House or Twilight Zone. However, I think if I saw a Bride of Pinbot, I'd get that. Wish I had more room!
post #94 of 316 Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrandal View Post

Actually I bought it because it was a very good value. PZ is well rated (8.4+ at IDPB) and enjoyable, but not extremely popular among enthusiasts. It's a perfect starter and I don't mind the maintainance, which I'm starting to learn AND enjoy.

Sorry dude, I wasn't speaking of PZ's merits as game in particular (noting though it doesn't make the pinside.com top 100 pinballs). What I was saying is that by buying a 15 year old machine, you are definitely increasing the likelihood of buying more more maintainance from the start. So getting an older pin it cheaper can be a bit of a false saving in many cases. It sounds like you are fine with fixing the machine. I am keen to make sure others out there, who may not be inclined to want to deal with the much higher likelihood of needing to carry out repairs don't go out looking for the cheapest machine out there. That in most cases is a recipe for disaster, as you are like to find machines that have had the crap beaten out of them on location somewhere and then simply palmed off to an unsuspecting home buyer without any real servicing being carried out. Many times these machines have errors on them caused by faulty switches, which the operator conveniently chooses to ignore, since the game still makes works/can make money.

Quote:

I've heard the same thing quite a bit and I think I'm taking it off the list. I'm hoping a family guy pinball is released by stern.

Wise decision there, trust me, you'll be grateful. Personally, I long ago gave up being excited by themes. Too many times a good theme has an excuse to build an average pinball and hope you'll move units on the name alone. You'll notice WMS hardly did any TV or Movie themed games in the last years of operation, SWEI being the exception and we know how that turned out. I always hope for a good game first, worry about the theme as secondary. I remember seeing a guy come into a friend of mines pinball business and asked if he had any 'James Bond' themed pinballs. I felt like pulling the guy aside and explaining to him the reality of pinball and themes, but I couldn't be bothered at the time. Stern are still finding their feet in this post WMS era. Thankfully, as several of the old WMS designers have been slowly turning up at Stern, the quality is starting to move forward. My next hope with Stern is that they build a flipper as strong as WMS' and get the standard of their machines artwork up to WMS'.

Quote:

I think I've already got the bug! I love the Simpsons PP machine, it's very deep, which is a must for a home game in my book, and it's a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time working on the PZ pinball machine tonight, but it was very gratifying as I'm slowly starting to learn my way around the game!

That's great to hear. You can really get immersed in maintaining and upgrading your machines. I get so fussy with it, that I won't think of playing a machine I've just bought(unless new), until I've been over it to make sure everything is working 100% and in top cond. It's just a matter of finding enough time to work on them then. The Simpsons is definitely on my list, in fact it may end up being the game that I trade my Cirqus Voltaire, that let me down by having a common bit of playfield wear, on one. The funny thing is, when I first played a TSPP, just after they came out, I must have been in a bad mood, cause I just couldn't get into it. Then I tried one again at my mate's pinball shop and am now pretty keen on one, although I've read a few positive reviews of World Poker Tour too.

post #95 of 316 Old 06-30-2006, 01:28 PM

I currently own :

Attack From Mars
Twilight Zone
Lord of the Rings
The Simpsons Pinball Party

Collection can be seen at:

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/evileye

It is pretty hard to find decent pinball on location nowadays but there are several collectors with beautiful collections who often open their homes to fellow pinball enhusiasts. Best place to meet them is USENET group rec.games.pinball or at one of the many pinball shows.

Some of the best/largest well maintained locations are

S.S. Billiards - Hopkins, MN
Lyons Classic Pinball - Lyons, Colorado
Pinball Hall of Fame - 4 miles of the strip in Las Vegas, NV

Mark Koehler
Atlanta GA
post #96 of 316 Old 07-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

I have owned at one time or another over 100 pinball machines.
My favorite is still Addams Family. It got me hooked on this hobby and is still a blast to play every time. I have sold most of my machines but I still own:

Addams Family
Twilight Zone
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Theatre of Magic
Revenge from Mars
Star Wars EP I
Genie
Nip-It
High Speeed
post #97 of 316 Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

My fav of all time was Star Trek: TOS. Only 94/100 on the list... I guess it largely comes down to the personal memories everyone has of playing them. The local 7/11 was like a 2nd home.
post #98 of 316 Old 07-10-2006, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkinator2tuf View Post

Five Favorites:

The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
Whodunnit?
Banzai Run
Medieval Madness
Theater of Magic

I'll play any Bally/Williams game from the 90s. We only have a few left where I live, and they all have some sort of problem. Used to go to Grand Prix in Ft. Lauderdale in the 90s. They had about 50 beautifully working machines, 5 balls for one token (25 tokens for $5.00), and were open 24 hours. What a great place it was.

Geez... how did I miss this thread?

My dad was a huge pinball fan... that is a legacy he left me. We used to go the the arcade (and trampoline then mini-golf) on Harrison Street by the bandshell in Hollywood, FL. There were a few games we played, but I remember one where you could hit a button and catch the ball. It had an aligator on it and I remember seeing it on the set of Happy Days.

In addition, I used to go to Grand Prix when they were a small go-cart/BMX/arcade place off of Griffin road and 441... we are talking the 70s. I remember when they moved and later started charging a minimum token purchase to get. Even after I moved to CA it was a tradition for me and my best buddy to stay up all night playing pins and vids on the first night of my arrival and the last night before I flew home.

When I moved to CA I moved to Santa Cruz (from another poster) and even worked at the Boardwalk a few years. The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk has (had) a lot of older pins. We would take a break from the quarter-eating vids (thought we could hang out all day on Joust and Robotron for token) and play lots of pinballs!

My more recent (mid 90s) run came at the Boulder Boardwalk in CO. We would have long sessions on Theater of Magic and Medieval Madness. Those are my most recent favs.

Sorry for repeating the same favs as others...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #99 of 316 Old 07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

My dad was a huge pinball fan... that is a legacy he left me. We used to go the the arcade (and trampoline then mini-golf) on Harrison Street by the bandshell in Hollywood, FL. There were a few games we played, but I remember one where you could hit a button and catch the ball. It had an aligator on it and I remember seeing it on the set of Happy Days....

That would have to be a Bally Nip-It.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=16522
post #100 of 316 Old 07-21-2006, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post

That would have to be a Bally Nip-It.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1680&picno=16522

YES! I remember those sliding flippers, too.

Thanks!

post #101 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 AM

I love pinball. I get very emotional about pinball. I am very sad that pinball is no more. (stern doesn't count boys and girls)

I've got a near mint Twilight Zone and a Star Trek: The Next Generation and Indiana Jones.

I can't decide if I want The Addams Family, Medieval Madness, or Funhouse next...but I'm itching to get another one.

My Stng currently has a trough problem where it continuosly spits out balls during play...could this be dirty optos? Or perhaps a blown fuse? My IJ is broken as well and needs to be fixed

I am tempted to get a Pirates of the Caribbean sight unseen new in box but I'd rather play one first. The problem with Stern is they make the games the same as the awful Data East/Sega days. The feel is all wrong...the flippers are all wrong...the sound is cheap compared to DCS.....mr stern should have purchased Williams/Bally.

One of the saddest days was when I heard Williams/Bally closed their doors. Pinball 2000 was clearly a mistake....horrible games.

I was blessed to grow up in the golden age of pinball mid 80's to midend of 90's. HIgh Speed and Cyclone. Pinbot and Taxi. Row after row of brand new sparkling pinball machines at Northrock Lanes and Copper Cue in Wichita, KS. Or playing for free on an Addams Family for free at Sportsworld because it had the slam tilt disabled when I spent all my tokens on the other pins.

The copper cue has fallen on rough times....they only have like 3 working pins and they are Stern and all are dirty and bad condition......I used to spend countly hours playing funhouse and medieval madness and attack from mars and tales of the arabian nights...sigh

Now if only those idiots at pinball.com manage to recreate Medieval Madness. Hopefully they will go bankrupt and Stern will purchase the rights to the tremendous Williams/Bally library (and patents).

I would give my left pinball today to buy a new in box Williams/Bally manufactured Funhouse or later...maybe the Sultan of Brunei has some in storage....but sadly at the time I was too young to afford it. I was however one of their biggest fans and I would play any Bally/Williams I saw because of the QUALITY.
post #102 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra View Post

...I was blessed to grow up in the golden age of pinball mid 80's to midend of 90's...

Surely you jest.

This reminds me of the time I heard a young player from the Minnesota Twins being interviewed as "player of the game" on the opposing team's local radio network. He actually said, "I had the privilege of beginning my career on one of the greatest teams of all time. We had guys like Ken Hrbek, Garry Gaetti, Tom Brunansky and Kirby Puckett".
post #103 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I love pinball. I get very emotional about pinball. I am very sad that pinball is no more. (stern doesn't count boys and girls)

I've got a near mint Twilight Zone and a Star Trek: The Next Generation and Indiana Jones.

I can't decide if I want The Addams Family, Medieval Madness, or Funhouse next...but I'm itching to get another one.

My Stng currently has a trough problem where it continuosly spits out balls during play...could this be dirty optos? Or perhaps a blown fuse? My IJ is broken as well and needs to be fixed

I am tempted to get a Pirates of the Caribbean sight unseen new in box but I'd rather play one first. The problem with Stern is they make the games the same as the awful Data East/Sega days. The feel is all wrong...the flippers are all wrong...the sound is cheap compared to DCS.....mr stern should have purchased Williams/Bally.

One of the saddest days was when I heard Williams/Bally closed their doors. Pinball 2000 was clearly a mistake....horrible games.

I was blessed to grow up in the golden age of pinball mid 80's to midend of 90's. HIgh Speed and Cyclone. Pinbot and Taxi. Row after row of brand new sparkling pinball machines at Northrock Lanes and Copper Cue in Wichita, KS. Or playing for free on an Addams Family for free at Sportsworld because it had the slam tilt disabled when I spent all my tokens on the other pins.

The copper cue has fallen on rough times....they only have like 3 working pins and they are Stern and all are dirty and bad condition......I used to spend countly hours playing funhouse and medieval madness and attack from mars and tales of the arabian nights...sigh

Now if only those idiots at pinball.com manage to recreate Medieval Madness. Hopefully they will go bankrupt and Stern will purchase the rights to the tremendous Williams/Bally library (and patents).

I would give my left pinball today to buy a new in box Williams/Bally manufactured Funhouse or later...maybe the Sultan of Brunei has some in storage....but sadly at the time I was too young to afford it. I was however one of their biggest fans and I would play any Bally/Williams I saw because of the QUALITY.

I've been the 'Stern doesn't count' club up until I bought a Lord of the Rings. I always hated the flippers and design work in DE/Sega and Stern machines. But this machine was a turning point in my book. Ok the flippers are still not WMS feel quite yet, but they are an improvement past efforts. You have obviously read about Pirates, hence your comments. I have ordered one (something I normally loath doing with a Stern) on the strength of reviews from hardcore enthusiasts on RGP newsgroup and my friend who is a sales manager for a pinball shop who did the same before they even got their demo a few weeks ago. From what I've heard and have seen so far, the machine possibly takes Stern beyond where WMS were at pre P2000. I think a lot of the improvement in Stern must come from their employing of more and more ex- WMS designers like Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Dennis Nordman, Dwight Sullivan and George Gomez.

My experience growing up was quite the opposite. I was going to the arcade to play videogames like space invaders and asteroids. I watched my old man playing pinballs, I distinctly remember him playing the Space Invaders pinball while I played the video version. Before that I remember coming across 70's machines like Evel Knievel and really didn't like playing them, machines of that era just bored the crap out of me as kid. It wasn't until I decided to investigate 90's pins for home use nearly 10 years ago now that my perspective totally changed. I was instantly addicted to 'modern' pinball and I've never looked back. I do regret having let go many mint machines in the quest to try as many as I could.

post #104 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 PM

So you'd rather play a 60's Gottlieb with mechanical reels that will work for 20 seconds at a time before breaking?

When is the golden age of pinball?

I doubt anyone will agree with you...the best pinballs were built 1985-1999 by Williams/Bally.

This is undisputed. It is nonsense to argue about the facts.

It is recorded in the Hall of Records a few feet below the Sphinx's right paw!

Explain yourself please...you are in error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntAltMike View Post

Surely you jest.

This reminds me of the time I heard a young player from the Minnesota Twins being interviewed as "player of the game" on the opposing team's local radio network. He actually said, "I had the privilege of beginning my career on one of the greatest teams of all time. We had guys like Ken Hrbek, Garry Gaetti, Tom Brunansky and Kirby Puckett".

post #105 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 08:06 PM

I must admit that LOTR was the first Stern I really got into. Immersed in the game and having fun, not wishing I was playing a Williams/Bally in other words.

I want to play POTC before I drop 4 thousand on a toy sight unseen, but I am crazy enough to do so. I have watched video of the chicago test version and it looks fun....I think the concensus is it needs more Johhny Depp quotes!! (can they upgrade this on the memory stick?).

Also the allure of owning a brand new pin is growing on me....how hard are they to set up initially....any major fixes necessary?

Quote:

I've been the 'Stern doesn't count' club up until I bought a Lord of the Rings. I always hated the flippers and design work in DE/Sega and Stern machines. But this machine was a turning point in my book. Ok the flippers are still not WMS feel quite yet, but they are an improvement past efforts. You have obviously read about Pirates, hence your comments. I have ordered one (something I normally loath doing with a Stern) on the strength of reviews from hardcore enthusiasts on RGP newsgroup and my friend who is a sales manager for a pinball shop who did the same before they even got their demo a few weeks ago. From what I've heard and have seen so far, the machine possibly takes Stern beyond where WMS were at pre P2000. I think a lot of the improvement in Stern must come from their employing of more and more ex- WMS designers like Pat Lawlor, Steve Ritchie, Dennis Nordman, Dwight Sullivan and George Gomez.

post #106 of 316 Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
We have to support Stern though as they are it....(unless Wayne in Australia gets those remakes out)
I went to my local Stern distributor the other day to check out a Pirates of the Carribean. My thoughts can be summed up as follows:
If you like games which are very much stop and go (Nordman and Lawlor pins come to mind) such as:

Twilight Zone
Addams Family
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Scared Stiff

You'll like this pin.

If you really like non-stop flow type games (Gomez, Steve Ritchie) such as:

Star Trek NG
Johnny Mnemonic (underrated...I really like this pin)
Theatre of Magic (my favorite pin)
World Poker Tour

You might not like it. I am in this category. But that is obviously my opinion....which seems to be in the minority since many, many people like TZ and TAF...pins which I just can't get into.

Dino
post #107 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I must admit that LOTR was the first Stern I really got into. Immersed in the game and having fun, not wishing I was playing a Williams/Bally in other words.

I want to play POTC before I drop 4 thousand on a toy sight unseen, but I am crazy enough to do so. I have watched video of the chicago test version and it looks fun....I think the concensus is it needs more Johhny Depp quotes!! (can they upgrade this on the memory stick?).

Also the allure of owning a brand new pin is growing on me....how hard are they to set up initially....any major fixes necessary?

You're exactly right with that comment on LOTR, that feeling where you get into the game and not finding yourself with remorse that your not playing a game of WMS quality.

I bought one Stern(playboy) and one WMS (SWEI), NIB site unseen. I regretted both purchases immensely. POTC on the other hand, I'm happy to go on the strength of the review of my mate and others as well as the vids and review on Pinballnews. For me I had a CV to unload that due to a small and common playfield defect I wouldn't put this particular example in my collection. The resulting $A5000 I got was enough to persuede me to put it down towards a POTC. For me, I was going to spend it on a machine anyway. I also know I can pass it on easily without any real dramas should I be that unimpressed with it.

If you're into machines and have had a few used ones, setting up a new one is a piece of cake frankly. It should take no longer than 15 mins and if you have to fix something(that's not minor) then you got a dud most likely. For me it takes longer to go over a used machine, even though the only pins I buy these days are in top cond., checking that it's 100% functioning and complete no missing parts, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoT View Post

We have to support Stern though as they are it....(unless Wayne in Australia gets those remakes out)
I went to my local Stern distributor the other day to check out a Pirates of the Carribean. My thoughts can be summed up as follows:
If you like games which are very much stop and go (Nordman and Lawlor pins come to mind) such as:

Twilight Zone
Addams Family
Creature From the Black Lagoon
Scared Stiff

You'll like this pin.

If you really like non-stop flow type games (Gomez, Steve Ritchie) such as:

Star Trek NG
Johnny Mnemonic (underrated...I really like this pin)
Theatre of Magic (my favorite pin)
World Poker Tour

Good assessment, I like your comparisons there. For me as a collector, you have to have a few of each type of game for variety. Sometimes you feel like flow, sometimes you want skill shots. I just bought a really nice ToM on ebay, a mission that's taken 2.5 years as it's been so hard to find one in the cond. I wanted. It was a good example of a machine I regretted letting go of the first time I had one.

post #108 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Hey Tweakophite! My brother and I used to go to the Basement arcade of Old Chicago Pizza on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder. Of course this was in the late 70's early 80's so I'm not sure it's even there anymore. Defender was the poison of choice in those days.

Medeivel Madness is my all time fav. I would give my left nut for that one in my basement!!

Flan

Xbox Gamertag: Darth Flan
post #109 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflanagan View Post

Hey Tweakophite! My brother and I used to go to the Basement arcade of Old Chicago Pizza on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder. Of course this was in the late 70's early 80's so I'm not sure it's even there anymore. Defender was the poison of choice in those days.

Medeivel Madness is my all time fav. I would give my left nut for that one in my basement!!

Flan

Hi-

I didn't even know there was a basement in Old Chicago (though there is a bar next to it with a basement. Funny how that changes.

We were friends with the local arade owner in Aptos (part of Santa Cruz). He had it opened for a few years, then dropped it to start running a video-rental business. I think he sold his place to Blockbuster many many years later.

post #110 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 02:53 PM

I think TZ has excellent flow...try getting a game with 50 hitchhikers and robots and two Lost In the Zones. This is definately a wizard's machine....but when you are on this machine is the best ever!

The two ramps and the slot shot are a good example. Left ramp + Slot machine = gold and is nonstop action.

At least as much as LOTR....perhaps not as much with Medieval Madness and Attack from Mars.

Theatre of Magic certainly has the same flow as the Twilight Zone to me...dunno about you guys. All are games of skill thats why there are flippers (no pachinko for me!)
post #111 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

So you'd rather play a 60's Gottlieb with mechanical reels that will work for 20 seconds at a time before breaking?

They work for years at a time after I've overhauled them. Gottlieb's Orbit/Outer Space (1972) and Big Indian/Big Brave (1974) were player's games.

- AntAltMike: Winner of UNH's 1973 pinball tournament, 1975 foosball tournament, 1980 pocket billiards tournament (and since I never graduated, I still might return to take the ping-pong tournament for a "gameroom grand-slam").
post #112 of 316 Old 08-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:

Theatre of Magic certainly has the same flow as the Twilight Zone to me...dunno about you guys. All are games of skill thats why there are flippers (no pachinko for me!)

I would actually disagree with you on that....(Based on my definition of flow which is also just my opinion of course) TZ is more of a stop and go skill shot type of game. I had a TZ which, after I stripped it down and shopped it, turned out to be a great pin. I just couldn't get into it because it was so stop and go.

- Hit the right ramp...the divertor stops the ball
- Hit the slot machine wait for the ball to eject
- Hit the piano shot...wait
- Hit the camera shot...wait
- Hit the rocket...wait
- Hit the hitchhiker...wait
- Hit the lock (right of right ramp)...wait
- Load the gumball...wait

Again...I am not saying this is bad. TZ is considered one of the best pins ever. It is just not my cup of tea. I tend to not like Lawlor pins for this reason. I really like pins that keep the ball moving. Fast paced is where it is at for me. A buddy of mine has pinball tastes exactly the opposite of mine. He was upset when I sold my TZ and CFTBL. He can't get into ToM (my favorite game) and Johnny Mnemonic (when I had it). He hasn't played my MB and SS yet though, so we'll see what he thinks about those.

ToM's shots tend to keep the ball moving. Left and right orbit shots, the center orbit shot and both ramps keep the ball constantly moving.
Johnny Mnemonic is a game with great flow (would be so much better if it weren't for the poor software). That game is FAST and because there is hardly ever any stoppage (except when loading the hand) the ball is just whizzing around all the time. This is the only game I regret selling, one day I will own it again (hard to find one without faded cabinet)

Dino
post #113 of 316 Old 08-21-2006, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Boy... reading this again I want to go out and play some Med. Madness and Theater of Magic.

What was the golfing game that came out around this time? I think it had gofers on it, too. That was a fun one, too.

post #114 of 316 Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 AM

All of those "waits" are only one maybe two seconds at the most....what about the wait to start multiball in TOM after the bullseye shot on the trunk one of the longest ever? (but true to theme) Or the wait of the levitating spirit ring?

I jest really...TOM is in my top ten.

1. Twilight Zone
2. Medieval Madness
3. Theatre of Magic
4. Star Trek: The Next Generation
5. Indiana Jones
6. Funhouse
7. Attack From Mars
8. Tales of the Arabian Nights
9. The Addams Family
10. Cirqus Voltaire
11. Whitewater

wildcard: Safecracker (I only played it a few times at the Grand Floridian at Disney World on vacation in 1997...I won a token and they were all gone!!!)
post #115 of 316 Old 08-21-2006, 08:46 AM

That could only be No Good Gofers (Pat Lawlor's last game for Williams/Bally---Wizard Blocks was going to be the third game for Pinball 2000 but it was killed when they shut them down). Really fun...hard to find one not broken though, wish I could play more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

Boy... reading this again I want to go out and play some Med. Madness and Theater of Magic.

What was the golfing game that came out around this time? I think it had gofers on it, too. That was a fun one, too.

post #116 of 316 Old 08-24-2006, 05:57 PM

I am currently designing a new pinball machine entitled "911 Bush Did It." Super skill shot- Cheney's Balls.

Other than that Twighlight Zone is great. I ordered a Pirates of the Caribbean. Hope it's good.
post #117 of 316 Old 08-26-2006, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I like your name. I am a total Republican but laughed out loud at your name!! Keep it up with the anti-Bush pinball.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #118 of 316 Old 08-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Jeff, you need to update your homepage with some pics of you new pin!

Xbox Gamertag: Darth Flan
post #119 of 316 Old 08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I doubt anyone will agree with you...the best pinballs were built 1985-1999 by Williams/Bally.

This is undisputed. It is nonsense to argue about the facts.

Don't doubt. Most people love the games/music/movies of their own era best.

Just because you like the noisy ADHD pin games of the period you cite, does not make them better.

Pinball purists lament the advent of flippers.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That's the facts.
post #120 of 316 Old 08-28-2006, 07:01 PM

Let's see...flippers were invented in 1947 with Gottlieb's Humpty Dumpty....are these guys 80 years old you are speaking of? We are talking about CONSENSUS! Not individual preference!

You are certifiably insane!

"Pinball purists lament the advent of flippers. "

They can play the modern equivilent of PACH*NK* if they don't want flippers. Or slot machines.

if only pins dispensed money for a jackpot
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page