Arachnid Galaxy monitor issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi.
I bought a Galaxy (Top gun) dart board; built in 1996. It looked like everything was working well when I picked it up.
But when I plugged it in at home the Goldstar 12 inch amber monitor started flickering / jumping the graphics. It was inconsistant, but several times a minute. It seemed to slow down after a while. But every few minutes or so the graphics "jumped" again. For instance; a graphic - like a square box on the right hand side would suddenly shift left and misshappen for a second.
I thought maybe power was an issue - I tried a more direct connecting but I don't have many options in my garage. It will go in my basement soon.
I bought it as-is. The guy I bought it from doesn't seem the type to take support calls - and is not the greatest with customer service - but I guess I'll try calling him.
But....does anyone have any ideas to resolve the flickering / jumping of the graphics?
Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2006, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hopefully by now you've figured it out. In case you haven't it sounds like a monitor issue. Due to the age of the machine (10 years), i would say you have a couple of possibilities, one is cold solder joints on the monitor pcb and the other would be a leaky electrolytic cap. There is also one other possibility, the cpu boards on these have multiple socketed ics. You can try pushing on them or pulling them out and reseating them.
Hope this helps.
Closed Thread Game Room Equipment & Accessories