I just got a paragon theater pop machine and I noticed that the popcorn was not as crunchy as it should be, more chew. The second batch was better, but still not great.
I'm used some popcorn from costco, orville redenbacher's gourmet popping corn, so could it be the popcorn? Is this brand any good?
Here is the steps I did while using the machine in case it makes a difference:
1. Turn on lamp and heating elements(left it on for about 10 minutes).
2. Turn on kettle and let it heat up ~ 5 minutes.
3. Poured in ~1/4 cup wesson canola oil.
4. Poured in 1/2 cup popcorn.
5. Poured in a 1/4 teaspoon of Johnny's popcorn salt.