ARCADE LEGENDS owner thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 250 Old 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own an Ultimate Arcade, I love the fact that it just works (solid state) and no dealing with PC boot times, etc.

The game collection is lacking though. Has anyone been through the process of using the fact that it has JAMMA connections to use a board like this in it?

jammaboards.com/store/1069-in-1-games-family-multigame-system/prod_243.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 250 Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM

does anyone know where (other than ebay) to find add on games for the arcade legends 1 machine?
post #183 of 250 Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM

search google but the best place is ebay. I have filled mine up for a fraction of the cost of just 1 at retail pricing.
post #184 of 250 Old 04-22-2009, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSFUERHOLZER View Post

does anyone know where (other than ebay) to find add on games for the arcade legends 1 machine?

post #71
post #185 of 250 Old 07-31-2009, 12:40 PM

I am trying to find the Neo Geo Game pack for Arcade Legends but can not locate it. Does anyone know where I can buy it?

Thanks-
Jason
v_boy@hotmail.com
post #186 of 250 Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM

Got it. Thanks Guys!
post #187 of 250 Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 PM

post #188 of 250 Old 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Looks like were all going to court!
post #189 of 250 Old 08-19-2009, 03:21 PM

i ain't readin all that
post #190 of 250 Old 12-20-2009, 03:16 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Paul and I have an older model Arcade legends machine that has been acting up lately. I had an "authorized repairman" service it a couple of years ago and he told me that I needed a new hard drive. Just FYI...........my Arcade Legends is about 5 years old and uses the white desktop-style case computer.

I called the service tech because my machine kept shutting off whenever I hit the "Exit" button. When he finished his job, all of he games I had added on have been removed. All of the original factory-installed games work fine and the machine does not shut off any longer when I hit the "Exit" button.

I have three questions for you guys and gals, if you would be so kind: First, do you think I really need a new hard-drive and if so, can I install it myself if I do not know much about computers?

Second, if I re-install the games I added-on later, like ones in the Mega Pack, the Sports Pack, etc., will I have the same problem with the "Exit" button as before? If so, does it really matter that this happens or is damage being done to the game when it does?

Lastly, and this is going to sound like a stupid question, but where the heck is the battery compartment for the CR-2032 battery? None of my literature tells me where it is and I am unable to locate anything on the computer that looks like a battery compartment!

Any advice or suggestions you can give me will be greatly appreciated and I want to thank you all in advance for your help!
post #191 of 250 Old 01-02-2010, 02:18 PM

("I had an "authorized repairman" service it")

There are no such things as Authorized Repairmen for the Arcade Legends machines. That said, anyone familiar with Arcade Legends or UltraCade machine repair can work on it.

If your machine has a white case, then it was a computer that was built by Chicago Gaming and not by UltraCade Technologies. Chicago Gaming was authorized to build the computers inside. They mostly used DELL motherboards.

The shutting off when hitting the exit button was a grounding problem either at the button or on the I/O card, and had nothing to do with your computer.

("I have three questions for you guys and gals, if you would be so kind: First, do you think I really need a new hard-drive and if so, can I install it myself if I do not know much about computers?")

It's a standard PC hard drive, however you will need the unlock code to re-install the software.

("Second, if I re-install the games I added-on later, like ones in the Mega Pack, the Sports Pack, etc., will I have the same problem with the "Exit" button as before? If so, does it really matter that this happens or is damage being done to the game when it does?")

No, the games have nothing to do with your Exit button problem. You can just plug in your game packs and they will reinstall onto your system.

("Lastly, and this is going to sound like a stupid question, but where the heck is the battery compartment for the CR-2032 battery? ")

There is no compartment, it's on the motherboard of the computer.
post #192 of 250 Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 PM

I have a couple questions for you guys before I buy....

1) What is the difference between Ultimate Arcade 2 and Arcade Legends 2? Is one better than the other?

2) Is there an Arcade Legends 3 on the horizon? I saw some speculation earlier in the thread.

3) Where is the best place to find one for a decent price? I live in NE Florida.

Thanks for the help!!
post #193 of 250 Old 01-25-2010, 09:58 PM

I am contemplating getting an Ultracade system for my storefront, but need to find some game packs (mostly the Pac Man ones) in addition to the ones already included with the Ultracade system.

I tried contacting the person you listed earlier, but he hasn't responded in 2 weeks. Any good place to get game packs for the Ultracade/Arcade Legends machines?

Thanks for any help,

John C. Kula
toymaniac@comcast.net
post #194 of 250 Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 AM

I have an opportunity to pick one of these up...less than a $1000, so it sounds like it may be a good hobby box. I've read the forum, any other resources that I should review? I've heard these things can run certain PC software, is that true? Or only AL games? Any guidance for a Noob is appreciated.
post #195 of 250 Old 02-15-2010, 08:03 PM

I just got one for $650.00 and it great mine just says Ultimate Arcade.How do you tell if it UA2 or UA2+ and whats the difference? I just installed the mega game pack with 50 additional games( which I got for $65.00 ) but I didn't have to take the back off I just opened the coin door and there is a USB port extention wire there!
post #196 of 250 Old 03-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Hello all,

Does anyone have any games available for the Arcade Legends platform?

Thanks,

Rob
rschmitz1@cox.net
post #197 of 250 Old 03-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBIRISH317 View Post

I just got one for $650.00 and it great mine just says Ultimate Arcade.How do you tell if it UA2 or UA2+ and whats the difference? I just installed the mega game pack with 50 additional games( which I got for $65.00 ) but I didn't have to take the back off I just opened the coin door and there is a USB port extention wire there!

Where did you find games?

Thanks,

Rob
post #198 of 250 Old 03-28-2010, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Been considering mame for my Arcade Legends. Can mame be programmed to rotate and split screens like my Legends cocktail does so well?
post #199 of 250 Old 03-28-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsandquist View Post

I own an Ultimate Arcade, I love the fact that it just works (solid state) and no dealing with PC boot times, etc.

The game collection is lacking though. Has anyone been through the process of using the fact that it has JAMMA connections to use a board like this in it?

jammaboards.com/store/1069-in-1-games-family-multigame-system/prod_243.html

Does Arcade Legends 1 have that connection???
post #200 of 250 Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM

All of those oldies bring back memories. Especially Strider.
post #201 of 250 Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 PM

Hey guys,

Just picked up an Arcade Legends I. I love this game! Already ordered a replacement trackball as the one that it came with doesn't feel right. And I emailed the gentleman in that one post, looking for Galaga and a couple of other games to add on, although this one came with about a dozen USB drives with some great games.

The other issue with this AL is that the video is a little jittery (the display seems to go up and down very quickly), but only on certain games. This seems to happen only on some of the older games like Ms Pac Man. I suspect it has to do with a certain resolution. I read the post about the guy who rebooted and whacked the cabinet on the side. I opened it up from the back and reconnected all connectors, but she still has the jitters. Does anyone have any ideas I could try?

Cheers,
Roland
post #202 of 250 Old 04-16-2010, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Try some of the knob settings on the moniter inside the cabinet?

Do you have any additional games not in the first post?
post #203 of 250 Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Greetings!

We are in the process of building a new resort hotel... long story short we have an 8000 sq ft pub space that is very high end (4 bowling lanes, billiards, etc)...

We want to procure 4 or so arcade legend machines for free use, but are concerned about how the old school cabinets would look in the area...

We really want a "pedastal" type unit that can be used with 55" led tv's.... and thus blend into the decor....

SOOO.... was hoping one of the experts here might be able to point us in the right direction... Many Many thanks in advance for any insight...

Chris
post #204 of 250 Old 06-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Chamaway, for connection to a 55 inch LCD mame would be a better choice. Mame can actually push high resolution graphics. Install a user friendly frontend with big selection elements and you'll be golden.
post #205 of 250 Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post

I just finished converting my Aracade Legends to Mame. Anyone interesetd in buying the original PC that came with my unit? Make me an offer. It is fully working with the full initial games and these (somewhat hard to find) add-ons: Pac Man, Ms Pac Man, Galaxian and Dig Dug.

So your computer would come with arcade legends start up disk and all game sticks? if so would you take $150 for it +$20 shipping to 43081 , using pay pal to protect us both
Nivram
post #206 of 250 Old 10-09-2010, 11:26 AM

Hi guys. I've been reading through this forum and found it helpful so far. I have a quick question though.

I have an upright Arcade Legends machine. Most if it works fine. the only problem is:

1) BOTH start buttons don't work and,
2) Buttons 2 and 3 don't work on the 1P side.

I ran the diagnostic and looked at the connections under the control stand and in the back.

Anyone heard of these issues or know how to correct it?

Thanks in advance!
post #207 of 250 Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM

list too long
post #208 of 250 Old 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM

I am working to convert my Arcade Legends to MAME.

(why?)
I had spent about $7000 putting 185 games on it and finally the HDD died. Now I can only restore the original games from the install disk - so I'm going all out and making it into MAME.

I have the software parts (frontend, emulation, roms) all worked out-
Maximus for FrontEnd
WinCab (aka DWJukebox) for MP3 Jukebox skin & player
MAME32 for MAME Emulator
NESTOPIA for NES Emulator
STELLA for Atari 2600 (what am i runnin some kinda museum?)
and some others just for kicks
These pieces are running great on a 2Ghz pc from spare parts-

I have the video refresh & resolution issues all worked out with a special ArcadeVGA video card (like the one in a previous thread) from Ultimarc

But now i'm stuck.

My Arcade Legends has all the HAPP controls boiled down to a small component board and from that it supplies video, audio, USB for Trackball, and PS2 for keyboard to a PC

My pc doesn't like the PS2 keyboard inputs from the joysticks/buttons. I imagine that the JOSHUA Operating System had it's own scheme (or probably drivers) that enabled the buttons/joysticks thru the keyboard inputs. Before I go back to DeVry to learn to write my own drivers I thought maybe somebody who has gotten over this hurdle could point me in the right direction? (I'm talking to you Barhoram & DavidRFoley)

Any help would be overwhelmingly rewarded!
post #209 of 250 Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

You need to be more specific when you say the controls and computer don't get along.

Do the controls respond to the games at all? do they just make the wrong moves in the games?

You may have to remap the controls using the tab button in mame.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/inde...board,1.0.html
post #210 of 250 Old 10-14-2010, 08:40 PM

No doubt - I should have specified (but if i was that smart i'd have fixed it by now!)

But I have made progress and found that converting my Arcade Legends to MAME much harder than making cheese sandwiches!

Here is a link to the USBLinx PCB board which is what exists between a PC and the HAPP Controls/Trackball and Video and Speakers...

Ok the URL goes here but I'm too new to include URL's... Look for it in a future post from me sometime.

I couldn't get the buttons & joysticks to give me any output that could be read by a PC - and I'm not sure what I was smoking because later on I was able to reset everything (with better timing) and i was getting output. The document at the above link says it should communicate using standard keybord (ASCII) and when i went all the way down to the BIOS level, sure enough, the joystick thumbed thru the BIOS options fine.

So... Then I had to remap all my keys to overcome some missing (#5) buttons due to the 'no coins' policies on the AL. Ultracade really went the extra mile to keep from implementing any kind of coinage features. So far as to leave the wires and pins out of the Jamma connector and even put a big grommet securing the board where those pins would go in (like mid-connector).

After that I moved to video - and chased my tail for about a day! The card I got from Ultimarc would only light up the Wells Gardner for about 10 to 30 seconds before shutting off. I didn't realize that I needed the 'extended' desktop in windows to enable the PC monitor off the other port and I couldn't VNC into my system from another PC because it thought the monitor was in some screen saver mode!!! UGH I was tearing my hair out and on my second bourbon when Andy from Ultimarc talked me off the ledge!

That's when I really started to concentrate on the USBLinx and the above document which details the 'heartbeat' function. It seems that if the PC crashes then things go best if the USBLinx and PC reset together. So the USBLinx counts up to 29+ seconds and resets all day long... unless it gets a signal from the keyboard to turn on NUM LOCK (which resets the 29+ second clock).

SO (deep breath)... I was able to find a cute little program that flashes the LED's on the keyboard (CAPS, NUM, Scroll Lock) make it start when windows boots and BAM!!! I got video!

There is more but I need to go have a tranquilizer now and collect myself. This damn thing is gonna be even more cool because the guys that made it intentionally and expressly did NOT want anybody like me doing anything like this to it!
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories