Wii 480p problems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this isn't the wrong place to be posting about something like this, but like many others, I suffer from the problems listed in the "480P problems with the Wii!" thread in the Nintendo forum.

To summarise, the signal drops out (or it seems vertical sync is lost?) on any bright screen (and it doesn't even have to be very bright, just moderately bright). This is the same problem a lot of people are getting with progressive-scan signals connected through switch-boxes in the "I need an AV switch; Any recommendations?" thread, except I have my Wii connected directly to my TV...

I've tried adding resistors to the connection, as others have tried in the Nintendo thread, but it doesn't make a significant difference to the drop-out and the picture gets noticeably dimmer. Does anyone know exactly what causes this sort of thing? I'd love to be able to fix it, being forced to use an interlaced picture kinda sucks

I'm not an electrician, but I am quite technically minded, so I'm willing to try quite a lot if anyone has any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page