Soft Serve Machine? - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 138 Old 06-09-2008, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm out - Thanks for smelling up the thread fellas...

WWJD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Well let us know when you get your mixes.

So has anyone tried the soft serve mixes in the compressor based ice cream makers such as the Musso? I wonder if it can create the same basic quality. I have been looking at buying one of these as it can do regular ice cream and pina colada type stuff.

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --
post #123 of 138 Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM

Came across a Sani Serve, don't know the model number yet. Anyone have any information or knowledge about this manufacturer.
post #124 of 138 Old 06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson5 View Post

Came across a Sani Serve, don't know the model number yet. Anyone have any information or knowledge about this manufacturer.

http://www.saniserv.com/products.jsp
post #125 of 138 Old 06-19-2008, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Watson5,

Probably two things that will be important are toi see if the machine is 110V, many are 220V, and also if it is air cooled as some are water cooled.

Mike
post #126 of 138 Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 AM

Mike,

Thanks for the good information. Just wondering how you use yours: Do you use everyday or just weekends and special events? Do you keep it on when not in use or turn it off completely? Also, can the chamber be kept cold without any mix in the top, sort of a standby mode? I suppose if its not kept on it would take a while for the chamber to get cold enough.
post #127 of 138 Old 06-20-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson5 View Post

Mike,

Thanks for the good information. Just wondering how you use yours: Do you use everyday or just weekends and special events? Do you keep it on when not in use or turn it off completely? Also, can the chamber be kept cold without any mix in the top, sort of a standby mode? I suppose if its not kept on it would take a while for the chamber to get cold enough.

No real method to how we use ours, during the summer it is full a lot of the time. Once I fill it I will usually leave it filled for about as long as a week but much past that the ice cream starts to taste bad. It only takes about 10 minutes or less to clean so after I clean it I put it back togeather and it is ready to go. I think you would find they really are very flexable, in the winter it may sit empty for week and in the summer it may be full for a week cleaned out one night and filled the next to stay full for a week again.

Mike

As for keeping the machine cold while it is empty that would not be necessary. On my machine I would guess it takes 5 minutes or less to go from turned off and empty to serving ice cream. I always have it cleaned and put togeather when it is empty and that way if we decide to have ice cream I turn it on and pour in the mix and away we go. The way a soft serve machine works is that the mixing chamber holds a little bit of mix and as you draw ice cream out the liquid in the top (which is kept cool but not frozen) flows into the chamber.

Mike
post #128 of 138 Old 06-21-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

So do any of you guys use a shake mixer to make flavored shakes with your machines?

Having one of those setups would expand your soft serve into new super cool dimensions!!!!

post #129 of 138 Old 06-22-2008, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

I have thought about it but we just use a spoon to make shakes and it works well and gives one less thing to keep clean.

Mike
post #130 of 138 Old 06-22-2008, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I can see how the spoon would work, but the Electro Freeze mixer is just too cool.

post #131 of 138 Old 06-23-2008, 02:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Why spend big bucks for something like a Electro Freeze mixer? Just buy one of the lower cost normal Hamilton Beach "Drinkmaster" 727B drink/shake mixers for about $30 from amazon, they work great and are very easy to clean. Clean up takes less than 5 minutes. Yes it's made with mostly with plastic and not metal, but if you don't abuse it, it works just fine. If you want a better one, move up the line to one of their all metal ones like they have in the "Eclectrics" series, such as the 65110 for about $66.

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/product...ink-mixers.php
post #132 of 138 Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I didn't know how much those suckers cost. We got one for free. Don't have the ice cream machine to go with it though.

post #133 of 138 Old 12-07-2008, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone else added a soft serve machine lately? I found a new toy to go with mine and thought I would share.

I always thought about buying a mixer to make Blizzard or McFlurry type of drinks but didn't want to deal with the mess. I was in McDonalds the other day and saw them making a McFlurry, I guess I never paid attention before but on their machines they use a spoon for an agitator. It clips on to the shaft, mixes the McFlurry then pulls off of the shaft and goes with the McFlurry to the customer so they have absolutly no mess...very cool for a neat freak like me. I did some searching and found a company that sells the spoons, 800 in a box, which should last me a few years and now am looking for a mixer. The mixer needed is a Vita-Mix VM0800 which is a common mixer, you can find them on eBay under a lot of different names.

One other thing I found at the same distributor is a shelf stable vanilla soft serve mix that is liquid and tastes very good. I have tried many mixes for my machine, the frozen gallons from Sam's Club is good but requires some pre planning as it is frozen. I can get a fresh liquid from the local grocery store but they only stock in the summer and again requires some preplanning and only lasts about 10 days so it can go out of date. I have tried the powdered mix which is also good but requires some mixing prior to using. The liquid ready to use is great becuase it is shelf stable for 2 years and is ready to use at anytime. No mixing just cut the corner of the bag, pour it in and a few minutes later great ice cream. Here is the place I purchased mine:

http://www.mccormackdistributing.com/

They sent is UPS and I had it in a day.

Mike
post #134 of 138 Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

OK, so what is the brand name of the liquid soft serve mix? The link you posted really don't provide much information.
post #135 of 138 Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

It's KanPak: http://www.kan-pak.com/

Mike
post #136 of 138 Old 12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hmmmm..... Looks like even Kan-Pak likes to keep it a mystery.
I don't see the reason for it, but they pretty much have no real information about any of their products on their own web site.
post #137 of 138 Old 12-08-2008, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

What kind of info are you looking for?

Mike
post #138 of 138 Old 12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Most companies when you go to their web site, they at least have some more detailed information about what their products are. And usually when it involves any kind of food products, that information also includes at least the basics of what the product is made up with. This company pretty much gives you nothing but the names of the products, and also leaves you wondering about what their basic contents are.
Reply Game Room Equipment & Accessories

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page